RACI Matrix (Responsibility matrix) helps you to have the right conversation with the right people, saving everyone time
What is RACI Matrix?
The RACI Matrix is an essential management tool that helps to identify roles and responsibilities, therefore avoiding confusion and misunderstanding during a project. The acronym RACI stands for R
esponsible (the person who does the work to achieve the task and is responsible for getting the work done or decision made); A
ccountable (the person who is accountable for the correct and thorough completion of the task); C
onsulted (the people who provide information for the project and with whom there is two-way communication); I
nformed (the people who are kept informed of progress and with whom there is one-way communication).
Why should you use the RACI Matrix?
RACI matrices are widely used in project management because of their benefits:
- Assigning responsibility for all roles to achieve a particular project or task.
- Clarifying roles and responsibilities to ensure that everyone knows his or her tasks and deadlines.
- Making sure that the right teams are involved, which eliminates duplication of effort and reduces the risk of misunderstanding.
- Helping with decision-making.
When you use Miro to make a RACI Matrix, you can:
- Engage everyone in front of the online whiteboard by giving them access to it so they can discuss all of the project's bottlenecks and avoid misunderstandings between teammates.
- Add sticky notes, upload documents, type and resolve comments in real-time, and mention teammates to get their quick feedback.
- Use a list of integrations to make your collaboration smoother and easier.
- Add templates to supplement your RACI Matrix and create a detailed and complete picture of your project.