Hiring Process Template
Manage candidate progress across the entire hiring cycle.
Hiring a new employee involves several steps and several team handoffs. Track candidates clearly and communicate simply with stakeholders so teams are aligned with this free Hiring Process template.
About the Hiring Process template
What is a Hiring Process?
Hiring a new employee is no small feat. It’s a cross-functional, resource-intensive process. For most organizations, hiring a new employee is a multi-step exercise to identify the company’s needs, the team’s needs, and to assess potential candidates.
Why use the Hiring Process template?
Hiring a new employee can be a complex process. There are a lot of applicant tracking systems that provide a detailed run-through of where each candidate is in the hiring process. However, sometimes it's useful to be able to provide a simple, high-level view of where employees are as they move from applicant to new hire. You can use Miro's hiring process template if you don't have another tracking system, or if you want to easily share a status with stakeholders.
What are the stages of the hiring process?
1. Identify the need. Do you need to fill a position that just opened? Lighten a team’s workload? Change something from an organizational perspective?
2. Devise a recruitment plan. The recruitment team needs to figure out how the role aligns with the company’s goals and business plan. They also must devise criteria for candidate screening and decide who will conduct interviews.
3. Write a job description and advertise the position.
4. Review applications.
5. When applications start to come in, many organizations do an initial phone screening. Phone interviews assess the candidate’s basic qualifications and culture fit.
6. Interview! Early interviews are often one-on-one, but candidates may later engage in group interviews.
7. Conduct background checks. Review the candidate’s criminal record, verify their employee history, and talk to their references.
8. Make a job offer!
9. Once you’ve made an offer, the process doesn’t stop there. The employee must then fill out their hiring paperwork. That might include their W-4, I-9, state withholding and registrations, and the employee handbook.
Easy to use
Save time by using our pre-made Hiring Process template instead of creating your own from scratch. Get started by signing up for free to update it with your own information.
Invite your team members to collaborate on your new Hiring Process template. Miro enables you to engage co-located and remote teams on a virtual whiteboard, without constraints.
Need to share your Hiring Process template with others? Miro has multiple exporting options, like saving to PDF.