SpongeBob SquarePants Retrospective
𝐒𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞 🐌
If you speak out loud at the beginning of the meeting the chance that you are going to join the follow-up discussions increases drastically.
We're going to encourage participants to adopt a virtual-snail, they can feed their chosen pet with some “Snail-Po” and talk about why that particular one resonated with them.
𝐈’𝐦 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲, 𝐈’𝐦 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬 🧽
1. 𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒕 𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒔? (i.e. what makes our team so high-performing, what do we do well...)
2. 𝑭 𝒊𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝑭𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒅𝒐 𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒇𝒇 𝒕𝒐𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 (i.e. create an appreciation station/kudos wall, where participants can share credit where its due)
3. 𝑬𝑽𝑰𝑰𝑰𝑳𝑳! (i.e. what's damaging to our team, this can include our workflow and practices that we should preferably stop doing)
4. 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒖𝒔𝒆𝒓 (𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒚) 𝒊𝒔 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 (i.e. when did we last engage with our users, playback any interesting quotes or themes and what value have we delivered to our users recently)
5. 𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒏 𝒖𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑷𝒂𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒄𝒌 𝒃𝒚 𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒆? (i.e. what could we have done differently in hindsight, what have we learnt this iteration...)
6. 𝑭𝑼𝑼𝑼𝑻𝑼𝑹𝑬! (i.e. this is our future-spective, ask the team what their hopes and concerns are moving forwards)
𝐂𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰 🍔
Feedback is a gift, participants can place a "Krabby Patty" next to the character that represents their feeling, confidence and mood following the conclusion of the session.
Disclaimer; Steven Sampson-Jones of course claim no ownership to the overarching copyright material displayed as part of this template.