“Regardless of what dark magic, trolls or dementors we discover on our way, we understand and solemnly swear that every wizard and witch in this room has practiced the best magic they could, given what spells they knew, what wands, caffeinated potions or cauldrons they had available at the time, given the hard magical duel they had at hand.”
Adapted from the Agile Prime Directive to fit the Harry Potter Theme
What pet would you take to Hogwarts?
Welcome to the cobblestones of Diagon Alley, place a delicious but sickly Butterbeer 🍺 next to your pet of choice. Students would typically be allowed either a cat, an owl or a toad. However, we've thrown a rat, niffler and streeler (giant magical snail) into the melting cauldron to choose from.
Let the magic begin!
There is six visual prompts, where participants can generate insights. Encourage them to add as many distinct ideas (one per sticky note) to the relevant sections.
1. Time-Turner; what could we of done differently in hindsight, what have we learnt?
2. Tessomancy; what are your hopes and concerns for the future?
3. Remembrall; what are all the good things you can recall during the last sprint or since the last retrospective?
4. Dementors; what's causing us an absence of hope?
5. Professor's Snape Heroes; who are our sprint hero's, give credit where it's due!
6. Horcruxes; like Voldemort's soul and dark magic, how can we slice or split our features/stories to deliver in more small incremental batches?
The Affinity Sorting Hat
Encourage participants to group sticky notes, into insights and themes by clustering them together. They can then place their 5 'sorting hat icons' to the stickies they wish to prioritise for discussion.
🎁 Feedback is a gift, encourage participants to provide a return of time invested for the workshop. They can point their 'elder wand icons' to the following visual prompts and leave the facilitator some distinct feedback.
Amorentia (love potion) - "I loved the retrospective workshop"
Baruffio's Brain Elixir - "I learnt something new and had fun"
Sleeping Draught - "Barely able to stay awake"
Mrs. Weasley's Howler - "Would of rather been sent to Azkaban"
Disclaimer: I of course do not own the copy rights to this magical immersive Harry Potter lore, but I do hope you enjoy my visuals.