About the team
Core Product is the essence of Miro. It’s the most used and important part of the product for a user, and a critical ingredient for the success of our business. Within Core Product, the mission for the Canvas Accessibility team is to make the Miro whiteboard accessible to everyone. To accomplish this, we collaborate closely with people with disabilities throughout the product development lifecycle and look to innovate by exploring ways to interact with and communicate complex spatial information through various modalities such as audio.
This position is based in Berlin and is open to remote candidates as well.
About the role
As the Canvas Accessibility Quality Assurance Engineer, you will join the team that delivers on the accessibility roadmap for Miro. The role requires you to test with assistive technologies and collaborate with multi-functional teams inside Miro to ensure our platform and related features are accessible. You will focus on testing products such as JAWS/NVDA/VoiceOver and braille. You would be required to use Miro as an assistive technology customer.
It would also be within your role to:
- Identify and analyze existing accessibility bugs supported by an appropriate priority and impact assessment.
- Contribute towards setting up the automation framework and writing tests.
- Document testing in test suites.
- Perform acceptance and integration testing on scheduled software releases.
- Find new and creative solutions for meaningful accessibility problems that will surprise and delight people of all abilities!
- Be an advocate for accessibility testing within the QA Community and Miro as a whole.
You are one of the early engineers to join this team and this gives you an opportunity to set up the quality culture and processes that scale your team, set up engineering processes and deliver high-quality outcomes with your organization in a timely manner.
What you'll need
- Must-have knowledge of various assistive technology features, especially JAWS/NVDA/VoiceOver
- Experience applying and interpreting WCAG 2.x AA against complex interfaces
- Practical, applied knowledge of how people with disabilities interact with and use products
- Experience working with a framework or a rendering library like React. Bonus points for working with Canvas or WebGL before
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships and work across a wide range of teams
- Design and drive technical solutions highlighting risks, alternative solutions and architectural tradeoffs
- Ability to explain your intentions to other engineers and get buy-in on your testing vision
- A proactive approach to tasks that demonstrates self-motivation and critical thinking capabilities
- TypeScript, Canvas API (PixiJS), React, React Native, Electron, Redux, Less, Webpack, AngularJS, CerebralJS
- Java 11, Spring (+Spring Boot), Hazelcast, Redis, PostgreSQL, TestNG & Mockito
- Maven, Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket
- AWS (S3, EC2), Docker, Linux
What's in it for you
- Competitive Equity Package
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly team activities (even virtually) to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.