About the role
As a Product Design Manager, Growth at Miro, you would be responsible for empowering the team to create end-to-end emotional experiences to leverage business growth and engage our users. You will have a chance to build the design team and ensure the strong cross-functional partnership to deliver excellence at scale.
We treat "Growth" as the "distribution of value" across our existing and potential users. For success in this role, it's crucial to combine the love of the design craft with solid business acumen and empathy for millions of people who use our products daily.
If you are a passionate design leader who brings high-quality craft and amazing work ethics to the team, we would love to share more about the role that can become your next big thing!
About the team
The Product Growth stream works to improve customer experience while accelerating business growth. A highly-analytical and data-informed crew, we quickly validate our hypotheses through experimentation and turn that information into new features and products. This tight, cross-functional team has several areas of expertise:
- Acquisition — attract most relevant users
- Retention — engage and empower new users
- Monetization — help users choose and purchase a paid plan to fit their needs
- Community Platforms — build an ecosystem with user-generated content and more.
- Professional Services & Consultants — build an end-to-end experience for a new audience.
As a part of our Product Design Leadership team, you’ll have the opportunity to build and drive our design process, culture, principles, and maintain and raise the bar of design quality. Learn more about the colourful design team and our culture: https://miro.design/
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
Learn more about our stream structure, please check this board out.
What you’ll do
- Lead the product design team within the Growth sub-streams (Acquisition and Retention) with a focus on end-to-end emotional experiences to leverage business growth and engage our users
- Partner with Product, Data, Engineering, and Marketing counterparts to strategize the domain, and ensure clear goals and priorities for the team.
- Build, mentor, and develop a solid product design crew within your sub-stream
- Plan design team performance, workload, and career development
- Evolve the design processes within the broader org to optimise for efficiency
- Nurture and champion the design culture at Miro
What you’ll need
- 10+ years of product design experience, preferably in user-centric Enterprise SaaS companies. Prior experience with Product/Growth, SaaS B2C2B / B2B models is a big plus
- Proven track record of managing teams and projects with demonstrated impact on the organisation success
- Understanding in-depth Growth domains and data-informed design approach
- Extensive product design experience with a strong focus on excellent craft
- Proven experience in hiring, scaling, and managing a design team
- Strategic and critical thinking, paired with flexibility and being open minded
- Ability to measure and clearly articulate the value of design within the organization
- Ability to effectively lead end-to-end design process with your team
What's in it for you
- Competitive equity package
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.