About the team
The Miro Enterprise team goal is to empower large businesses to have control of our collaboration tools. Today Miro is used by 99% of the Fortune 100, so our team focuses on ensuring that Enterprises are enabled to best use our product for all of their hybrid work needs.
Our team solves problems to enable Miro usage at scale, teams of tens but of thousands. Some of the capabilities we enable are advanced security, integrations with identity providers, user administration, data lifecycle management, data segregation and residency, analytics and more. These problems are intrinsically hard and require coordination across several technical functions and teams across the business.
If this opportunity sounds exciting for you, then the Enterprise team is right for you!
About the role
The Enterprise Engineering team has over 75 teammates, mostly based in Amsterdam, who build features that focus on helping our biggest clients work together. The Staff engineer will work closely with engineers across multiple teams where you will lead the technical development of our Enterprise focused features. You will be responsible for discovering, prioritizing, and delegating technical challenges, putting together architectural designs, and implementing highly critical initiatives. With your support, Miro will increase the innovation delivered to its customers!
What you’ll do
- Take ownership of a broad, evolving problem space and rely on your technical expertise to guide us in taking informed decisions.
- Hands-on code contribution and helping teams architect business-critical solutions.
- Leading large multi-team technical initiatives from design to delivery.
- Act as an expert and assistant for the team lead to manage the development process: establish best practices, improve processes, dive deep on issues during the process.
- Championing the use of common components to reduce development time and drive consistency.
- Improving observability across our services.
- Build and lead a community of (senior) engineers with diverse skill sets and help them grow.
- Be an advocate for modern development practices and help us foster team autonomy.
What you’ll need
- 10+ years of software engineering experience with at least 4 years in Senior role
- Experience building, launching and running critical, high-performance, distributed, fault tolerant systems.
- Expertise in designing micro-frontend architecture.
- Excellent communication and ability to influence both technical individual contributors and business partners
- Strong ability to manage a variety of stakeholders
What’s in it for you
- Option to be fully remote (CET or similar time zone)
- Competitive salary and equity package (RSUs)
- Weekly team activities (even virtually) to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a globally diverse team
- Inspiring workplace in the heart of Amsterdam
- Travel allowance for your commute
- Catered lunch, snacks, and drinks provided
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.