About the team
This role will report to Miro’s Head of Community Programs as a key leader on the Community and Marketing Teams. You'll serve as a captain within the Community team, and will collaborate significantly with Product & Growth as we build Forum Programs that inspire thoughtful, diverse, and compelling contributions from the Miro Community. Jump in as we shape the future of Miro and engage our incredible users and future users in remarkable ways all day, every day. Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs, and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the role
The Community Forum Lead is a new role at Miro, and will be responsible for developing and carrying out the strategy that enables Miro users to thrive and succeed within our Community-driven Forum space. This is an exceptional opportunity for a veteran community builder with technical experience and leadership chops. Bring your passion for people doing great things together and build the next chapter in the Miro Community story.
What you’ll do
- As Miro's Community Forum Lead, you’ll be re-launching, running and maintaining the success of Miro’s community forum
- You'll strategically re-launch and maintain a successful Miro online community forum. Gaining a deep understanding of our global Miro Community and their needs by building authentic and significant relationships with and between the Miro Community
- Develop the content and conversation strategy to engage the community with Miro and each other
- Build out an awards system (gamification) that encourages engagement from the community
- Moderate the forum, facilitate a team of Community Moderators and Product Advisors as the forum scales
- Build out processes for the healthy functioning of the community and develop an escalation process for any issues and find resolutions with the accurate internal partners
- Drive integrations of the forum across Miro, and the forum’s product roadmap to deliver on user needs
- Track the engagement and health of the community and report findings, feedback, and analysis to make strategic improvements
- You will collaborate with internal partners such as Community, Customer Support, Customer Education, Product, Product Marketing and represent the voice of the community internally and within the forum experience
What you'll need
- 7+ years experience moderating, running, and scaling successful online communities
- Knowledge and experience of how to cultivate users and power users in online communities
- Experience building strong cross-functional relationships internally
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong at planning, organizing, and prioritizing projects
- Understanding of SEO and growth channels
- Leadership skills and program management experience
- Strong attention to detail, analytical/problem-solving skills and ability to use data to make decisions
- Deeply passionate about community building and a Miro power user (or appetite to become one!)
- Remain current on the latest trends/issues impacting and affecting community users
- You are positive and committed with a 'can-do' attitude and a flexible approach
What’s in it for you
- Excellent Medical, Dental + Vision health benefits
- Competitive salaries + Flexible time off
- 401k matching + Competitive equity package
- Free lunches + Office snacks
- Be a part of a culture of learning that will take your professional growth to another level with collaborative + thoughtful team members
- Distributed team across offices globally
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.