About the team
All user actions (creating objects, drawing, or organizing and interacting with content) on and around Miro boards are being designed and developed by the whiteboard experience team in the Core product stream. This stream is foundational for Miro and directly impacts each user on our platform.
Next to board content our cross-functional team also creates the tools and interactions around the board, so users can find and manage content and projects, enable users to share and collaborate in real time, and use 3rd party apps or integrate board content with other workflows.
And next to doing so on desktop devices, we also design the Miro experience on smartphones, tablets, interactive meeting room displays, and digital whiteboards, so Miro users can collaborate from anywhere.
About the role
Miro has turned from an online whiteboard into a large-scale collaboration platform that includes millions of users and their accounts. As a Senior Product Designer for our Design Platform team you help us scale and mature our Miro-wide design system.
You will work closely with product managers, engineers, and designers to create and align components and create supporting guidelines in our design system and supporting libraries. You'll lead governance, supported by a contribution model for product teams that you'll help develop and implement. With the support of our accessibility team, you'll ensure that accessibility becomes part of everything we build.
This role requires a systematic approach to solution design, combined with strong product design skills, a strong sense of aesthetic, a passion for complex problem solving, and outstanding interpersonal skills.
Designers participate in all steps of the value creation process: observing users and usage, defining problems and points of friction, exploring the potential solutions, testing both assumptions and solutions, then launching it, followed by measuring success.
What you’ll do
- Develop and align components in Miro's design system, for both engineers (React library) and designers (Figma library)
- Set up a scalable and maintainable structure for our Figma library and product-specific satellite libraries (Miro.com, brand team, etc.)
- Develop and implement a contribution model enabling product teams to collaborate on the design system
- Develop design principles and guidelines for members of the various design teams in Miro
- Prepare Miro's design system for localization and internationalization in other locales
- Work with the A11Y designer to include accessibility guidelines in the design system
- Define, refine, and measure success metrics for design system
What you’ll Need
- 5+ years of product design experience
- Exceptional systems thinking with an ability to scale detailed design solutions across different applications and platforms
- Strong visual design skills
- Experience with A11Y guidelines and implementing these at scale
- Advanced knowledge of Figma, working with capabilities such as shared libraries, variants, and auto-layout
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Cross-functional collaboration mentality
Nice to have
- Experience using Miro
- Experience with designing productivity apps
- Strong motion design skills
- Enjoy creating sophisticated prototypes
What’s in it for you
- Work and learn in a great, experienced and professional design team
- Fundamentally impact the way people work and collaborate
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.