About the team
This role will report to Miro’s Head of Community as a key leader on the Community and Marketing Teams. You'll serve as a captain within the Marketing Leadership team, and will collaborate significantly with Product & Growth as we build Creator Programs that inspire thoughtful, diverse and compelling contributions from the Miro Community. Jump in as we shape the future of Miro and engage our incredible users and future users in remarkable ways all day, every day. Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the role
The Head of Community Marketing is a new role at Miro, and will be responsible for developing the strategy that enables Creators at Miro to thrive and succeed within our Community-driven inspiration hub. This is an exceptional opportunity for a veteran community builder with leadership experience and significant marketing and strategy chops. Bring your passion for people doing great things together and build the next chapter in the Miro Community story.
What you’ll do
- Grow Miro's Creator Community - Devise a comprehensive strategy to enable Creators across industries and role types to create on top of Miro
- Develop and lead the Creator strategy - including Creator events, comms, social and awareness campaigns
- Scale peer Community programs - enable programs for Creators where they can learn from and share with peers and mentors, working cross-functionally with Community teammates
- Build the Creator Community team - lead the current Creator Engagement team members, while defining the strategy, structure, tools, and data to achieve scaled growth
- Embed Community & Creator principles across internal teams - collaborate with and influence Miro Teams to incorporate key community elements into their programs and growth strategies
What you'll need
- 10+ years professional work experience that have contributed to your well-rounded abilities, confidence navigating complex challenges and understanding of how Community-led growth strategies work.
- Product x-functional collaboration is a plus, but not required
- A minimum of 7+ years in a dedicated Community role with increasing responsibility and role scope. You've developed a high-touch, high-scale Community strategy yourself, implemented it successfully and can speak directly to the business impact
- Significant Marketing proficiency (Social, Comms, Brand, Growth)
- Excellent collaborator, cross-functional beacon and model leader
- You have led a strong, engaged team and are respected for developing people and successful strategies in tandem. You can give specific examples of how you contribute to both people and business strategy as a leader
- You are a committed spokesperson and voice for the Communities you build and serve and are a weather vane for trends, stories and ideas
- You consider yourself a Creator at heart
What’s in it for you
- Excellent Medical, Dental + Vision health benefits
- Competitive salaries + Flexible time off
- 401k matching + Competitive equity package
- Free lunches + Office snacks
- Be a part of a culture of learning that will take your professional growth to another level with collaborative + thoughtful team members
- Distributed team across offices globally
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.