About the team
Miro’s Brand Experience team is a growing team of designers, writers, producers, researchers, and creatives. Together, we’re the voice of the Miro brand, and we communicate with persuasiveness and authority across a diverse range of communications: digital, physical, experiential, video, email, social, ads (and every other marketing channel you can imagine). We take an ideas-based approach to our work, honing in on compelling ways to bring our brand to life while creating the strategic messaging through which to communicate most effectively.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the role
Miro seeks for a Videographer to support our growing video initiatives. As a Videographer, you will be crafting videos that will be distributed across different promotion channels such as YouTube, LinkedIn, and Facebook, and we expect you to have experience on field and studio shootings as well as video editing.
Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, can produce quickly, translating ideas into beautiful and engaging assets. In this role, you will also take part in the conception phase between conceptualisation, scripting, design, and storyboarding. Ultimately, you will produce remarkable videos, elevate our storytelling, and bring our brand to life. You will acquire a deep understanding of Miro’s product and customers, and produce videos that will educate, encourage, and delight them. This role reports to the Video Lead and is located in beautiful Amsterdam!
What you’ll do
- Build gear lists per shoot and arrange the studios to ensure they have the crew, all the equipment, and rental needed for a project
- Shoot both in Miro Studios and on location depending on production requirements with the ability to work on a shoot alone or as part of a team
- Produce top quality footage for a variety of uses and turned it into breathtaking videos through editing and color grading it
- Help maintain an organized library of video assets for internal and external partners
- Help to define, shape and evolve the video guidelines reflecting our brand identity
- Collaborate cross-functionally with freelance crew including other videographers, ACs, gaffers, and audio
- Meet multiple deadlines, prioritize work, and keep projects moving forward
- Generate ideas, encourage your teammates, give and receive feedback, and critique respectfully
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of proven professional experience as a studio or field camera operator for multiple projects with extensive video editing experience
- A portfolio that shows strong skills in shooting and editing high quality videos
- Deep knowledge and expertise with a variety of video cameras as well as experience with Adobe Suite (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Knowledge of lighting, grip and rigging techniques and the capability to operate and set up the equipment
- Excellent understanding of video formats and how to best approach them for cross-channel promotion on Web, blog, YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Strong knowledge of post-production workflow and the latest post-production techniques including color grading.
- Great attention to detail, and passionate about storytelling on video
- Be a teammate with extraordinary written and oral communication skills who can clearly articulate visual concepts and can communicate successfully with a wide range of internal/external partners
- Experience working in distributed teams would be a huge plus. An entrepreneurial drive in getting things done from project initiation to delivery
- Strong ability to multitask, coordinate, facilitate and collaborate within cross-functional teams
What's in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Travel allowance for your commute
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly team activities (even virtually) to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global team
- Inspiring workplace in the heart of Amsterdam
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.