About the team
The Product Analytics team at Miro has a clear mission - to enable impactful product decisions from the data lens. It includes quantitative understanding of what users are doing within Miro, how product features perform as far as how we measure the success of product-development life cycle. To scale efficiently in a hyper-growth setting we implement an ‘analytics-as-a-product’ concept by providing self-serve analytics capabilities, onboarding and training people in analytics, disseminating data-informed decision culture, measuring success and iterating.
Each role at Miro is based in one of our physical hubs, and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with 3 days.
About the role
At Miro, the product-engineering organization is growing rapidly. We are at the scale when both strategic and tactical decisions need extensive data support and analytics inspiration. Thus engineering analytics is to empower decision processes in Engineering productivity with metrics, data insights and self-serve dashboards. As a founding member in this area you are to build relationships with partners, scope the problem set and start execution.
What you’ll do
- Partnering with Engineering and cross-functional teams, defining the metrics they need, planning report structures, and automating the reporting process in our BI system (Looker)
- Managing analytics backlog and partners relationships (from CTO to engineering leads)
- Projecting needs for engineering analytics and establishing the team when necessary
- Rolling-out ‘analytics-as-a-product’ approach for engineering leaders to make data easy to access, understand and make decisions
- In collaboration with data engineers building proper data models for engineering domain, optimize data workflows
What you’ll need
- 6+ years of experience in structured thinking, stakeholder management, and project management; 4+ years of analytics experience; 2+ years in tech company hands-on in engineering / operations analytics
- Experience in delivering analytical solutions for sophisticated product/engineering related problems (building metrics maps, measuring performance and discovering its drivers, etc.)
- Core engineering experience (nice to have)
- Advanced experience writing SQL queries and working with large data sets
- Experience with BI (eg. Looker, Tableau, or similar) and Task tracking (Jira) tools.
- Understanding database structures and metadata standards, domain ontology modeling
- Clarity of communication (verbal/written), strong storyteller that resonates with different audiences and levels of the organization
- Proven ability to collaborate with multi-functional teams and coordinate partner expectations
- Bias towards impact and action
What’s in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Travel allowance for your commute
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly team activities (even virtually) to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global team
- Inspiring workplace in the heart of Amsterdam
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.