About the team
Data is core at Miro. It is the key to any decision, from product development, to Marketing, to finance. It is key to implement the intelligent, data-savvy functionalities that will evolve Miro into a collaboration platform so smart that it can be considered as intelligent as a team member. It is a core component of the future of Miro and of all the ideas that teams across the world create through it.
The Data Science and Engineering teams enable our product and internal users to harvest the full power of this data. We work with Big data technology and Machine learning to process terabytes of data daily and transform them into value for our customers and our organisation. We are an international and interdisciplinary team, which values diversity in background and culture and is excited to learn something more every day from its polyhedric members.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the role
Any great data endeavor is based on great infrastructure. High quality data cannot be delivered to either internal users or Miro customers in a reliable way without having provisioned, configured, and secured the necessary compute and storage resources. We are looking for an exceptional Site Reliability/DevOps Engineer to join us and establish the Data SRE discipline.
What you’ll do
- Own the design and implementation of the Data Science and Engineering Development and Production environments in AWS
- Manage the provisioning and operations of Miro’s Data Engineering/Data Science infrastructure and environments in AWS
- Build and own the software tools and develop practices to focus on automation across provisioning, integration, and deployment focusing on self service
- Develop monitoring and alerting solutions for our data applications and machine learning models
- Devise efficient data (migration) solutions across storages of different nature (from Postgres to S3)
- Lead the growth of infrastructure and automation across the board
What you’ll need
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in DevOps, with a focus on data applications and their observability
- Strong hands-on experience with building data solutions in Cloud Platforms (AWS)
- Strong Experience with Distributed Computing Systems and related technologies (such as Orchestration, Data Integration systems etc.) as well as understanding of fundamental principles of Distributed Computing
- Strong experience automating the integration and deployment of software (Bamboo) and specifically data and machine learning applications
- Experience using Python programming language for scripting, terraform and linux
Nice to have
- Specialization in Data Solution Architecture
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
What’s in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!