About the team
The Core Product stream at Miro owns the user experience across key areas of the product. The Accessibility team will be part of the Core Product stream, while enabling other streams to produce accessible product solutions for millions of users across the globe.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs, and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
Please watch this video to learn more about the core stream.
About the role
Miro is looking for an experienced digital accessibility professional with experience in product management, and preferably UX, to lead Miro's accessibility effort.
As an Accessibility Product Lead you’ll be responsible for enabling the product development organization to develop and maintain the accessible product for millions of users. It requires a deep understanding of digital accessibility, ability to strategize the accessibility program company-wide, prioritize and coordinate cross-functional work across the organization.
You should go beyond WCAG guidelines by understanding real use cases and scenarios to coordinate and plan work based on real impact and customer needs, not only compliance policies.
You’ll be partnering with Product, Design and Engineering leaders to establish the foundation and roll out operational accessibility practices and frameworks to elevate the Product Development at Miro. You also will be in charge of identifying, and helping the team to scope accessibility features and ensure clear roadmaps of making Miro truly accessible for people with different access needs.
The leader we’re looking for should also be extremely customer-centric and comfortable to represent the company in front of our Enterprise customers, build a strong partnership relationship with them, communicate the progress and surfacing their needs and requirements to inform our planning.
The beauty and the challenge of the Accessibility Product Lead role at Miro is all about making accessible the non-linear free-form visual collaboration tool. It requires designing and thinking of new experiences, as well as defining industry-standards for it.
What you'll do
- Partner with Product Design to solve the challenge of making canvas accessible to all people
- Develop and deploy internal tools and processes ans assist other teams to create accessible experiences
- Drive Miro towards the best experience for people with access needs and measure the progress
- Own Miro product accessibility strategy and drive its execution as a cross-functional program
- Own Miro public accessibility roadmap, communicate it to the customers and lead relationships with them on the topic together with go-to-market teams
- Co-own the Design System from the Product standpoint and ensure its accessibility
What you'll need
- Prior experience in building products that are accessible for all users
- Experience in and passion to UX/UI design
- Strong stakeholder and program management skills
- Ability to understand and engage with technical teams on highly complex projects
- Experience in designing and rolling-out new standards, guidelines and processes in product organisations
- Ability to solve non-trivial problems
- Strong verbal and written communication
- B2B SaaS experience is a plus
What’s in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.