About the team
At Miro we are connecting teams across the globe with a seamless online collaboration experience. We are a rapidly growing company and such growth puts additional demand to the infrastructure for the product. To maintain the best in class product quality, stability and scalability, Miro is looking to consolidate all such efforts in the Engineering Infrastructure organization.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the role
To keep the Engineering Infrastructure organization focused and steer the team in the right direction, we are looking for an architect to join the CTO and other architects and help them drive the global technology roadmap in the company.
We are looking for people from all backgrounds who want the opportunity to help build a future where there are no bounds to distributed and remote working, and an engineering leader who can drive the architecture and technical capabilities of Miro to the next level, capable of withstanding the growing number of users and load.
What you’ll do
- Design and develop Miro’s software architecture
- Lead engineering efforts to design product and business logic architecture
- Be a go-to person and tech decision-maker for software architecture questions
- Evaluate current state of the product, design and launch performance improvements
- Design performance suite for continuous performance assessment
- Helping to solve complex and ambiguous product cases, make decisions on how new features should be implemented
- Lead best practices development in engineering for the entire organization
- Lead design and development of Miro’s public platform architecture
What you’ll need
- 12+ years of industry experience (software development / engineering), knowledge of Agile development
- 8+ years of experience as a senior engineer
- 5+ years as an architect / staff / principal engineer in top software company
- Proven experience in building large-scale cloud product, preferably SaaS
- Expertise in Java. Deep knowledge of Java technologies (Spring FW, Spring Boot, Hazelcast, etc)
- Extensive experience with databases data modeling - both RDBMS and NoSQL
- Experience in building best engineering practices for large organizations
- Great software architecture skills
- Ability to build strong trusting relationships with engineers, product and leaders
- Good English communication skills
What’s in it for you
- Competitive equity package
- Medical insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.