About the Team
The Data Engineering team’s mission is to enable Miro and our users to make collaborative decisions through data and insight. Miro is a fast growing organization and the volume and variety of data we are dealing with is growing. We are building our Data Platform in AWS. We are using Airflow, Spark, Snowflake and other modern data technologies.
The team consists of people from various backgrounds so you will be collaborating with a diverse group; we work closely with our Data Scientists and Data Analysts. We have solved many technical challenges, but we have many more left to tackle to achieve our mission.
About the role
Data engineers at Miro provide vital service to analysts, data scientists and everyone who uses data based insights in their work. We are looking for someone who will help us develop data pipelines and build self-serve data import and export tools for our partner teams. In this role you will see the direct impact of your work on our initiatives in improving the Miro product, growing the user base and providing insights to our enterprise clients.
What you’ll do
- Build and maintain the data platform for Miro
- Develop custom ETL pipelines
- Develop key platform capabilities such as data quality, governance and discoverability
- Design and implement solutions to challenges that Miro faces as it grows
What you’ll need
- Hands-on experience using industry standard tools, such as Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Kafka, Presto, Snowflake, etc., for data pipelines
- Hands-on experience working with AWS, GCP or Azure
- Proven programming skills with (any of) Java, Scala, Python and SQL
- Experience building and supporting sophisticated data pipelines
- Solid interpersonal skills, experience collaborating with non-technical partners
- Ability to propose and implement technical solutions to business problems
- Proficiency in English
What’s in it for you
A massive amount of different tasks that cover various areas of data processing. Ability to choose the sphere you like more and focus on it. The team is always ready to help.
- Stock Option Grant.
- Medical Insurance coverage.
- Travel allowance for your commute.
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided.
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period.
- Weekly team activities (even virtually) to keep the spirits high.
- Opportunity to work for a truly global team.
- Inspiring workplace in the heart of Amsterdam
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Datadog, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.