Miro is looking for a practical, motivated and energetic attorney to join our legal team. This self-motivated individual should be comfortable working in a rapid-growth, fast paced environment and will be responsible for a wide array of day-to-day legal responsibilities as the right hand to our Head of Legal. The ideal candidate will be able to draft and negotiate complex contracts and will appreciate being a critical part of the operations in a fast-growing, market-defining startup. This position will report directly to our Head of Legal.
What you’ll do
- Independently negotiate complex commercial agreements integral to the business, including customer contracts, vendors, technology partners, strategic partners and resellers.
- Become an expert in Miro’s unique product platform, operations and offerings to offer practical and strategic counseling to internal organizations
- Research and remain up-to-date on upcoming privacy, compliance, employment and other regulations pertinent to our industry to advise the business on future strategy
- Design and implement systems and scalable workflows for legal and compliance
- Possess a deep understanding of privacy and other regulations impacting the business, including CCPA and GDPR, and the ability to translate that understanding into actionable guidance for business teams.
- Handle a wide variety of other demands and projects that arise in a rapidly growing startup.
What you'll need
- 5-8 years of experience in corporate transactional work, with a preference for at least 2 years of in-house legal experience within a growing SaaS businesses with experience navigating privacy laws and commercial issues in a commercial context.
- JD from accredited, top-tier law school and active California Bar License
- Excellent business judgment; intellectual curiosity and the ability to balance legal and business requirements.
- Exceptional at drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements with a solution-oriented approach; comfortable thinking quickly on your feet.
- Highly motivated, with the drive to work independently, plan and accomplish goals, manage and prioritize projects with deadlines, and ability to thrive in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Ability to operate autonomously, handle a heavy workload and work collaboratively as a team player with sales and other internal business partners.
What’s in it for you
- Excellent health benefits that include medical, dental and vision
- Flexible time off
- Catered lunches + free snacks and drinks
- Brand new office coming soon!
- Team outings
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With over 5 million users and 20,000 paying customers, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EA, and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!