Senior Staff Product Designer, MiroAI (Core Product Experience)
About the role
Miro has turned from an online whiteboard into a large-scale collaboration platform that includes millions of users and their accounts. As a Principal/Staff-level Product Designer for our MiroAI team you help us evolve Miro’s product experience to fully leverage the potential of AI and related technologies.
You'll help shape the vision for our product experience and maximize customer benefit with AI-enabled technologies. You'll tackle complex problems like explainability, control, and customization, as well as data privacy, security, and ethical considerations. Collaborating with product teams, you'll turn this vision into reality and guide designers in executing it throughout the product experience.
This role requires a strategic approach to problem definition and solution design, along with strong service, interaction, user experience and visual design skills to lead and shape our product at a fast-moving pace, whilst maintaining a high bar of product quality. You will also help to systemise design solutions and enable other teams to build and integrate AI-enabled capabilities, by developing guiding principles, standardizing interaction patterns, and supporting guidelines.
Designers at Miro participate in all steps of the value creation process: observing users and usage, defining problems and points of friction, exploring the potential solutions, testing both assumptions and solutions, then launching it, followed by measuring success.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs, and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days-a-week in office culture as our baseline.
About the team
Product teams in the Core Product Experience stream design the Miro capabilities used by the majority of our customers, on desktop, smartphones, tablets, interactive meeting room displays, and digital whiteboards, so Miro users can collaborate from anywhere.
As part of this stream, the MiroAI team strives to harness the power of AI and related technologies to change how people work and collaborate.
To learn more about our stream structure, please check this board out and watch this video!
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with leadership, product management, research, and analytics to analyze and understand our target user, the context, and the competitive landscape.
- Define the experience vision for Miro’s AI-enabled capabilities, and the related evolution of Miro’s existing product experience
- Lead the end-to-end design process: from effective problem framing, through ideation, storyboarding and prototyping, ending with user validated high-fidelity designs
- Validate your solutions with real users and customers, using both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Collaborate with engineers to reach high-quality, delightful and bug-free products
- Help to grow our design team, improve processes, participate in broader design topics and activities
What you’ll need
- 10+ years of product design experience, including 2-5 years of experience working on conversational user interfaces (e.g. communication platforms, customer service applications)
- Experience of working with AI technologies and related productivity applications
- Strong interaction design skills, good visual design skills and sense of aesthetic, combined with a passion for complex problem solving
- Strong product-thinking and decision-making skills, and an ability to connect business goals and user needs, supported by a user-centric and data-driven approach
- Exceptional systems thinking with an ability to scale detailed design solutions across different applications and platforms
- Experience in creating sophisticated, multi-input interactions, experiences and end-to-end flows, prototypes, with high-fidelity visuals and micro interactions
- Experience in validating design solutions through user research
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Cross-functional collaboration mentality
What’s in it for you
- Competitive equity package
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online, visual collaboration platform designed to unlock creativity and accelerate innovation among teams of all kinds. The platform’s infinite canvas enables teams to lead engaging workshops and meetings, design products, brainstorm ideas, and more. Miro, co-headquartered in San Francisco and Amsterdam, serves more than 45M users worldwide, including 99% of the Fortune 100. Miro was founded in 2011 and currently has more than 1,500 employees in 12 hubs around the world. To learn more, please visit: https://miro.com.
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.
Apply for Senior Staff Product Designer, MiroAI (Core Product Experience)
Prepare yourself to go beyond
Here are some helpful tips to ensure you have all the correct information throughout our hiring process.
Ready to go beyond?