Switch sync on and your ideas remain intact in multiple locations across your board; update an idea in one place and it syncs everywhere. Carbon Copy allows you to keep multiple versions of a Sticky, Card, Shape or Text widgets in sync with each other on a board. For example, copy post-its into a different template or re-organise them against some other x, y axis without having to maintain duplicates!
- Switch sync on: Enable the sync feature on a widget’s context menu then copy and paste (or duplicate) the widget. Each widget instance maintains a 2-way sync with all the other instances on the board.
- Select synced widgets: If you want to find all the linked widgets just use the “select synced” button and it will select them for you.
- Detach from syncing: Just switch syncing off in this widget’s Context Menu and it detaches from the sync group.
What’s syncable with each widget:
- Sticky widgets: Text, color, hyperlinks, tags.
- Card widgets: Title text, content text, tags.
- Text widgets: Text, color, font type, alignment, bullets/numbers (careful when adding bullets, this is not easily reversible), hyperlinks, text highlight color.
- Shape widgets: Text, text position, font type, bold/italics, stroke (shape outline) color & thickness, background color, background opacity
- Line widgets: Line color and thickness, arrow styles (text on lines are NOT synced)
Feedback is welcome, we want to improve this app's functionality further so please use the Miro Developer Forum to provide feedback and mention @Markus Smet in your post.