About the team
The Collaboration Core team builds a platform for real-time collaboration on the whiteboard.
We develop a collaboration layer on top of which other teams build features. Our focus is on the performance and stability in the face of constant user growth. One of the current goals is holding thousands of online participants for each board session.
Collaboration inside the team is as important as in product, that’s why we pay attention to warm relationships, microclimate, and self-development.
About the role
We’re looking for a Frontend Engineer who will help us achieve ambitious goals. We expect you to have a strong software engineering experience, readiness to drive change, and experiment in search of the best solution to crafting the core of Miro Whiteboard. Be responsible for the important parts of the code and be willing to take difficult challenges.
The new team member will develop client-server communication based on web-socket, isolation canvas component from the rest of the app, and speed-up collaboration layer.
What you'll do
- Implement new features in collaboration with other teams
- Design the technical architecture of new services and tools
- Improve client-server communication of the real-time collaboration platform
- Work on performance and protocol optimization
- Isolate network layer from the application layer
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of developing complex, highly usable apps using modern JS frameworks
- Robust design and programming skills with which you create high-quality solutions
- Experience with full-stack applications and backend, API design skills
- Ability and openness to learn, fail, reflect and apply learnings moving forward
- Curiosity and strong collaboration skills
- Understanding of high-load architecture and SaaS infrastructure
- Motivation to develop high-quality solutions quickly and without mentorship
- Intermediate level of English or higher
What’s in it for you
- Highly competitive salary
- Stock option grant
- Health insurance for you and your family
- Allowance to facilitate current remote working during WFH period
- Help with relocation when back in the office
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Yearly budget for professional growth, internal educational events
Our tech stack
- TypeScript, WebSocket, Webpack, Canvas API, Redux, React
- Java 11, Spring (+Spring Boot), Hazelcast, Redis, PostgreSQL, TestNG & Mockito
- Maven, Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket
- AWS (S3, EC2), Docker, Linux
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With around 10 million users and counting, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!