About the team
The Business Logic Core team is responsible for the main entities of our product (Users, Teams, Organizations, Roles, Permissions, Workspaces, Projects and others). Our team builds the basis of Miro and lets other teams implement specific cases for our users. You will work closely with other teams with different use cases, you will participate in different big projects together with other teams. This is a rare opportunity to be involved in building the foundation of such a widely used product like Miro!
About the role
We are looking for a Backend Engineer who will help us build a solid foundation of our product. We expect you to be active in proposing and implementing improvements and new approaches, be responsible for the important parts of the code and be willing to rise to the challenge.
What you'll do
- Implement new features in collaboration with other teams
- Design interfaces for base entities and objects
- Participate in building new microservice architecture of our product
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of backend experience in Java or other object-oriented programming languages
- 3+ years of system designing, coding, testing, and debugging commercial software
- RDBMS experience
- Knowledge of Java or other object-oriented programming languages
- Multithreading experience
- Team player mindset
- Good communication skills
- Critical & system thinking
- Intermediate level of English
What’s in it for you
- Highly competitive salary
- Stock option grant
- Health insurance for you and your family
- Allowance to facilitate current remote working during WFH period
- Help with relocation when back in the office
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Yearly budget for professional growth, internal educational events
Our tech stack
- Java 11, Spring (+Spring Boot), Hazelcast, Redis, PostgreSQL, TestNG & Mockito
- TypeScript, Less, React, React Native, Webpack, Canvas API, AngularJS, CerebralJS
- Maven, Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket
- AWS (S3, EC2), Docker, Linux
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With around 10 million users and counting, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!