About the team
The Canvas stream focused on board working, widgets on board (like stickers and shapes), and modern interactive frameworks (like Mindmap, USM, Kanban, and Grids). You will have the opportunity to produce high-load scalable solutions, build and contribute to internal and external frameworks, and organize development life-cycle according to the best agile practices.
QA is a horizontal team that combines all dedicated QA engineers who work with feature teams. We name this team the QA guild. A guild is a source of testing practice:
- How to build an effective development process that creates a high-quality product
- Which methods are used for testing and test coverage? There is expertise in automation, load, and performance, exploratory, and other methods of testing.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to join our QA team and to help it grow bigger and faster in terms of people as well as the results and the business value they bring. You will be responsible for quality assurance of the whole stream. Stream combines several teams that work on tasks of a certain part of the product. In this case, it is a canvas stream.
What you’ll do
- Iterate on strategies and plans based on changing priorities or business needs. Create a quality vision and strategy for the whole stream
- Detect process issues that affect the quality and solve them
- Act as an expert and assistant for the team lead to manage the development process: establish best practices, improve processes, sort out issues during the process
- Detect the root causes of bugs in the code and initiate projects to solve them
- Design effective and elegant solutions for testing
- Create a roadmap with deliverables and milestones
- Structure and organize development teams, define the hiring plan
- Guide and mentor team members for their professional and career growth
What you’ll need
- 2+ years of experience in managing development teams: mentoring, professional development, motivation, recruiting, and onboarding
- Strong expertise and skills in decomposing product requirements and designing a test scenario, experience in analyzing different types of technical testing, and choosing actionable items
- 2+ years of experience in working with Scrum framework. The ability to facilitate any Scrum meeting to show how to conduct meetings effectively, taking into account all the nuances in order to develop a quality product
- 3+ years of autotests experience
- Would be nice if you are familiar with Objectives and Key Results (OKR) framework
- Upper-Intermediate level of English
Nice to have
Frontend programming experience
What’s in it for you
- Highly competitive salary
- Stock option grant
- Health insurance for you and your family
- Allowance to facilitate current remote working during WFH period
- Help with relocation when back in the office
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Yearly budget for professional growth, internal educational events
Our tech stack
Frontend: TypeScript, Less, React Native, Webpack, Canvas API, AngularJS, CerebralJS
Maven, Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket
AWS (S3, EC2), Docker, Linux
Backend: Java 11, Spring (+Spring Boot), Hazelcast, Redis, PostgreSQL, TestNG & Mockito
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With around 10 million users and counting, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!