About the team
The Canvas team creates widgets that customers use to resolve and automate their issues. We are focused on supporting basic widgets (like stickers and shapes) and creation modern interactive frameworks (like Mindmap, USM, Kanban and Grids). We are, also, closely working with customers feedback.
You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued.
About the role
We’re looking for a Senior Backend Engineer who will help us achieve our ambitious goal — maintain revenue growth rate of 200-300% per year. We expect you to have a strong software engineering experience, readiness to build the team and become a team leader. Right now we have Backend Engineer, Frontend Engineer, QA Engineer, and Product Manager on the team and we plan to grow the team by four engineers till the end of the year.
As a Senior Backend Developer at Miro, you'll be an impactful contributor to the technical design and development of new effective and elegant solutions. You will have the opportunity to produce high-load scalable solutions, build and contribute to internal and external frameworks, and organize development life-cycle according to the best agile practices.
What you'll do
- Implement new features from initial design through delivery
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- Work on meaningful things. We mean it. If you don’t see a sense of doing something, we expect you to speak it up
What you’ll need
- 5+ years' back-end experience. Java ecosystem is preferable, but other languages aren't blockers.
- Understanding of high-load architecture and SaaS infrastructure.
- Understanding of non-functional requirements.
- Understanding the value of tests and how to use them (unit, functional, integration).
- You have great communication skills
- You care about quality a lot and know how to ship high-quality code
- You love teamwork and dream to create meaningful things together
- Intermediate level of English
Nice to have
- Experience with game development
- Experience with high load and/or realtime application
What’s in it for you
- Highly competitive salary
- Stock option grant
- Health insurance for you and your family
- Allowance to facilitate current remote working during WFH period
- Help with relocation when back in the office
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Yearly budget for professional growth, internal educational events
Our tech stack
- TypeScript, Canvas API (PixiJs), React, React Native, AngularJS, CerebralJS, Less, Webpack
- Java 11, Spring (+Spring Boot), Hazelcast, Redis, PostgreSQL, TestNG & Mockito
- Maven, Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket
- AWS (S3, EC2), Docker, Linux
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With around 10 million users and counting, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!