About the team
The Canvas team creates widgets that customers use to resolve and automate their issues. We are focused on supporting basic widgets (like stickers and shapes) and creation modern interactive frameworks (like Mindmap, USM, Kanban, and Grids).
Also, we are closely working with customers feedback.
About the role
As a Team Lead of Canvas Widgets team at Miro, you'll be an impactful contributor to the technical design and development of new effective and elegant solutions. You will have the opportunity to produce high-load scalable solutions, build and contribute to internal and external frameworks, and organize development life-cycle according to the best agile practices.
You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued.
What you'll do
- Manage the development process: establish best practices, improve processes, resolve issues during the process
- Develop a team plan to achieve quarterly OKRs on time and with excellent outcomes
- Create a roadmap with deliverables and milestones
- Guide and mentor team members for their professional and career growth
- Discover all the existing pain points for our engineering teams in order to build a roadmap that cures them all
What you’ll need
- You have 2+ years of experience leading a team of developers: recruiting and onboarding, mentoring, professional development, motivation
- You have 2+ years of experience working with Scrum or other agile development frameworks
- You have 3+ years of professional experience, though it's more important what you know and what you can do
- You have strong skills in HTML5, CSS3, and cross-platform composition
- You know REST architecture, design patterns and SOLID principles
- You have experience in SPA development
- You have great communication skills
- You care about quality a lot and know how to ship high-quality code
- You love teamwork and dream to create meaningful things together
Nice to have
- Experience with game development
- Experience with high load and/or realtime application
- Fluency in one or more general-purpose programming languages, including but not limited to Java, Python, or Ruby
What’s in it for you
- All employees are currently working remotely
- Highly competitive salary
- Stock option grant
- Health insurance for you and your family
- Yearly budget for professional growth, internal educational events, free books, and corporate library
- Breakfasts and dinners in the office, healthy snacks
- Fun parties and awesome corporate-branded stuff
- A modern office in Digital Port with free parking, a river view, a volleyball court, and a restaurant
- Help with relocation
Our tech stack
- TypeScript, Canvas API (PixiJs), React, React Native, AngularJS, CerebralJS, Less, Webpack
- Java 11, Spring (+Spring Boot), Hazelcast, Redis, PostgreSQL, TestNG & Mockito
- Maven, Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket
- AWS (S3, EC2), Docker, Linux
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With over 8 million users, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!