About the role
We are looking for an experienced Team Lead to join our Internal API team. It is a new service team which is aimed to help product-development teams build a strong and reliable API.
As the Internal API team is a new function, a large part of your role will be to participate in developing the strategy and being part of the hiring process too. We need to create API guidelines and align it with teams, introduce a Design-First approach in API building, choose the approach to work with APIs in Microservices and implement different API layers outside of the monolith application.
What you’ll do
- Develop and execute internal API strategy at Miro, communicate it with the team and stakeholders
- Lead the engineering team responsible for internal API architecture, infrastructure, and quality
- Hire and develop new talent
- Consolidate existing, and create new best practices for API creation for the entire engineering organization
What you’ll need
- 3+ years’ experience leading a team of developers: recruiting and onboarding, mentoring, professional development, motivation
- 3+ years’ experience in development with the required stack (Java, Spring Boot, Spring MVC/Apache CXF)
- 2+ years’ experience of building REST API: guidelines, architecture, monitoring, security
- Experience of working with high-load and microservices
- English skills - level B2 or higher
- Experience in cross-functional collaboration will be a big advantage!
What’s in it for you
- All employees are currently working remotely
- Highly competitive salary
- Stock option grant
- Health insurance for you and your family
- Yearly budget for professional growth, internal educational events, free books, and corporate library
- Breakfasts and dinners in the office, healthy snacks
- Fun parties and awesome corporate-branded stuff
- A modern office in Digital Port with free parking, a river view, a volleyball court, and a restaurant
- Help with relocation
Our tech stack
- Java 11, Spring (+Spring Boot), Hazelcast, Redis, PostgreSQL, TestNG & Mockito
- TypeScript, Less, React, React Native, Webpack, Canvas API, AngularJS, CerebralJS
- Maven, Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket
- AWS (S3, EC2), Docker, Linux
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. With over 8 million users, Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Salesforce, PWC, EY, Deloitte and many more global companies of all sizes.
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!