Data Team is focused on getting the most value out of the company data. We apply sophisticated analytical approaches as well as cutting edge data science to understand what users are doing within Miro and what makes them engage, return, or churn. The team is distributed over the world but mostly located in Perm and Amsterdam. Data engineers own and maintain major data pipelines and the BI system within the company and play a vital part in helping all within the company to answer their questions using data. We are looking for an A-player who is ready to solve complex engineering tasks proactively, who is not afraid of applying modern technologies and always prepared to learn and use any new tool.
What you'll do
- Setting up and maintaining the entire data infrastructure and data platform
- Implementing and maintaining custom ETL scripts and data pipelines
- Help implement data governance and data discoverability
- Own data quality for crucial systems at Miro
- Developing and describing data models and setting them up in the BI tool
- Helping data scientists to run and manage their ML/analytics models in production
- Solving various interesting engineering tasks as you wish
What you'll need
- Hands-on experience with modern distributed data processing stack like Hadoop MR, HDFS, Spark, Flink, Kafka, Presto, Snowflake, etc.
- Experience using BI tools like Looker, Tableau, Redash, Superset, etc.
- Excellent SQL skills, ability to create and optimize scripts of the highest complexity, large datasets processing experience is a plus.
- Experience working with different database management systems, relational as well as analytical. NoSQL (graph, document, etc.) is a plus.
- Solid programming skills, experience working with (any of) Java, Scala, Python.
- Good understanding of the modern development process: Code review, Unit testing, VCSs, CI/CD principles, IaC basics.
- Experience working in Linux-based environments.
- Solid communication skills, experience in collaboration with other teams.
- Experience dealing with unstructured business tasks.
- Upper-intermediate English.
Nice to have
- AWS EMR, S3, EC2, and Data Pipeline or Apache Airflow experience.
- Experience working with cloud computing platforms, preferably AWS.
- Experience of development and deployment using Docker.
- Enterprise Java development experience (say Maven, Spring, IoC are not new words for you).
Stack, infrastructure, tools
- Kafka + custom producer in Java.
- S3 as the primary storage.
- EMR + Data Pipeline to execute the stuff.
- Spark and Flink apps in Java.
- Custom ETL apps in Python.
- A bunch of supportive tools in Python.
- Presto + Looker as BI.
- The core product in Java and uses Postgres to store its data.
- Jira + Bitbucket + Bamboo.
What’s in it for you
- Highly competitive salary.
- Stock option grant.
- Health insurance for you and your family.
- Yearly budget for professional growth, internal educational events, free books, and corporate library.
- Breakfasts and dinners in the office, healthy snacks.
- Fun parties and awesome corporate-branded stuff.
- A modern office in Digital Port with free parking, a river view, a volleyball court, and a restaurant.
- Help with relocation.
Miro is a leading collaborative whiteboarding platform for cross-functional teams in organizations of all sizes. Over 3 million managers, designers, agile coaches, marketers, and other professionals collaborate, visualize and collect ideas and share their work using our product. We have more than 8000 paying customers from the world's most successful and innovative companies, including teams inside Netflix, Twitter, Skyscanner, Qlik, Upwork, Expedia, Spotify, eBay, Cisco, Sapient, Geometry, Unbounce, Autodesk, PwC, Deloitte and others.