About the role
You will join the Developer Relations team as a Senior Developer Advocate to be an ambassador for the Miro Developer Platform in the developer community, and the voice of developers within the Miro Product team.
Developer Advocates play a key role in the success of the developer platform by making sure we build and offer a product that developers love. You will be in charge of educating developers on how to use the platform and supporting them in their journey of building apps and integrations.
About the team
Miro is building an open developer platform to support new use cases, extend the reach of Miro, and integrate with 3rd party systems. This highly strategic initiative empowers and inspires developers and partners to build engaging and powerful visual collaboration experiences using Miro technology.
The Developer Relations team is part of Miro’s Platform product team. We engage with developer communities worldwide to promote the platform, provide developers with the support and guidance they need to succeed, and help build a product that developers love.
What you’ll do
- Engage in developer outreach activities to promote the developer platform internally and externally
- Build a library of compelling educational content
- Facilitate the development of a vibrant, healthy, and supportive developer community, by responding to developer questions, animating community activities, and building strong relationships
- Consolidate insights from developers about their needs and challenges, and advocate on their behalf within the Miro Platform product team
- Develop and document best practices, guidelines, and code samples, to support the creation of high-quality apps and integrations
What you’ll need
- 2 or more years of experience working in a developer relations team or a similar role
- Software development experience across a variety of languages and frameworks, both backend and frontend
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and are comfortable with public speaking
- Enjoy engaging with technical audiences online and in person, and helping developers build compelling high-quality applications and integrations
- Empathize strongly with technical audiences, and can articulate their needs to a product team
- Proven experience crafting technical content
- Experience working in developer communities is preferred, but not required.
What’s in it for you
- Competitive equity package
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Find out more about the function and opportunities on our brand new Product Career Page!
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.
Apply for Senior Developer Advocate
Prepare yourself to go beyond
Here are some helpful tips to ensure you have all the correct information throughout our hiring process.
Ready to go beyond?