About the team
The Corporate Security team is responsible for safety and physical security of all personnel and assets within Miro. Nested within the Enterprise Security umbrella, the team makes use of innovative technology and industry standard practices and procedures to strategise, design and implement policies and protocols to ensure the smooth functioning of the daily operations of the organisation.
About the role
As Corporate Security Manager, you will lead physical safety & security operations globally and help implement global programs which stretch across the operations ensuring alignment across the globe. Leading this function provides a superb opportunity to be an influential leader across the organisation.
A qualified candidate will be top-tier security and/or safety professional who is innovative, tech-savvy with a history of delivering robust safety and security services and solutions to multinational companies. You are a persuasive and effective communicator, both verbally and in writing, with an ability to translate potential risks to business and address them in a timely manner by driving consensus with the relevant collaborators.
You will be both execution focused, ensuring our day-to-day business runs the way it should, and strategy driven, helping to ensure we are impacting the long-term health of Miro; you will move between these elevations frequently.
What you’ll do
- Develop and mature a 24/7/365 GSOC program within Miro by collaborating with outstanding professionals and groundbreaking technology that seeks at reducing our security risk profile to an acceptable level
- Coordinate the various operational activities associated with enforcement of physical security policies including reporting of external teams and management of incidents and response actions
- Engage and coordinate external system integrators and lead all aspects of projects involving the design and deployment of various physical controls across the various hubs of Miro
- Ensure that Miro’s program follows all applicable laws governing security and safety requirements in the locations where it operates and aligns with our Code of Conduct & Ethics Policy
- Design, develop and implement education/training crafted for the security & safety risks at Miro’s facilities
- Work in close collaboration with our Trust & Reputation team, (co-)develop security policies and procedures, define security performance metrics, and develop awareness and communications plans to support Security programs
- Participate and influence physical security risk assessment methodologies that underpin the business; integrate plans with Information Security partners as appropriate
- Provide thought leadership and influence to senior management in our key business functions including People Organization, Legal, Corporate Communications, Workplace Services and other relevant business units
What you’ll need
- Extensive experience in a GSOC operator environment with experience leading globally distributed operational teams in the physical security space
- 2+years experience leading physical security teams in a corporate environment
- Technological focus with a good understanding of Intrusion and alarm systems, camera systems, Access carding systems and GSOC Integrations
- Significant vendor management experience with emphasis on contract security force services in a distributed, multi-site, global environment
- Phenomenal interpersonal skills - ability to work closely with people at all levels of the organisation to facilitate the implementation of programs and corrective actions
- ASIS Certification as CPP, PSP, PSC or similar qualification is a plus
- Law enforcement experience is an advantage but not a must
- Ability to influence partner organisations and senior management
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to travel internationally
What's in it for you
- Highly competitive salary
- Competitive equity package
- Health insurance for you and your family
- Allowance to facilitate current remote working during WFH period
- Opportunity to work for a globally diverse team
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.