About the team
Miro’s timeless mission is to empower teams to create the next big things. There are millions of creators, builders, and innovators motivated by making an impact to the world, and we aim to achieve our mission both by providing best solutions for collaboration and innovation and by enabling peer to peer, company to company connection through building a powerful community where Miro users come together to solve the world’s biggest problems.
Within the Growth team, we’re working hard on offering more customers an opportunity to try Miro - next to over 30 million existing users. We work in small cross-functional teams, closely collaborating with colleagues from Analytics, Design, Product and Marketing.
Please watch this video to learn more about the Growth stream.
About the role
In Growth, our mission is to help more customers discover Miro. Over the past couple of years we have seen Miro grow massively and become an essential part of the workflow for 30+ million customers, which comes with added technical complexity and need to build the product for a very different scale. Next to this, with more customers using Miro we continuously learn about new use cases and features we can build, and that requires a different approach to our architecture.
Groups you would support in this role (currently ~80 engineers in total):
- Retention & Engagement - teams focusing mostly on new user experience and customer education
- Experimentation: Powers the infrastructure on which experimentation is enabled
- Website: Owns the backend core for miro website, as well as all efforts related to public-facing miro.com website, including PPC and SEO
- Monetization - teams responsible for pricing, payments, accounting and authorization, in addition to experimenting with changes to self serve plans, invites and business logic
- Acquisition - new, experimental projects aimed at customer acquisition, such as Web Whiteboard
- Community Platforms - a couple of teams building our user-generated content capabilities such as Miroverse
Technology wise, we currently work with Java, Kotlin and Nodej.s on the backend, and a mix of React and Angular on the frontend.
What you’ll do
- Constantly monitor quality within Growth, help investigate and prevent issues
- Create visibility of main quality metrics and coach / mentor engineering teams so they can improve them
- Manage test tool design, implementation and usage
- Own the QA strategy for Growth, in a close collaboration with Head of Engineering, (Senior) Engineering Managers and fellow Staff Engineers
- Coach and mentor (Senior) QA engineers
- Lead the QA community
- Contribute to company-level QA initiatives and be the main contact point within Growth
What you’ll need
- Experience building and leading the Quality Assurance function
- Hands-on testing experience
- Strong affinity for distributed web applications and modern software engineering practices
- Ability to build appropriate QA processes for a rapidly moving product
- Data-driven approach to quality
- Strong ability to influence others
What's in it for you
- Competitive equity package
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online, visual collaboration platform designed to unlock creativity and accelerate innovation among teams of all kinds. The platform’s infinite canvas enables teams to lead engaging workshops and meetings, design products, brainstorm ideas, and more. Miro, co-headquartered in San Francisco and Amsterdam, serves more than 50M users worldwide, including 99% of the Fortune 100. Miro was founded in 2011 and currently has more than 1,500 employees in 12 hubs around the world. To learn more, please visit: https://miro.com.
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.
Apply for Staff QA Engineer (Growth)
Prepare yourself to go beyond
Here are some helpful tips to ensure you have all the correct information throughout our hiring process.
Engineering Manager (Database Engineering)
Engineering Manager (Infrastructure)
Engineering Manager (Mapping & Diagramming)
Head of Engineering Culture
QA Automation Engineer (Enterprise)
Senior Backend Engineer (Developer Platform)
Senior Backend Engineer - Growth Engineering
Senior Backend Engineer (Infrastructure)
Senior Full Stack Engineer - Developer Platform
Senior Full Stack Engineer (Integrations Platform)
Senior Security Engineer (AppSec)
Staff Software Engineer, Full Stack (Platform Developers)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Staff Software Engineer (Storage Services, Scalability)
System/Business Process Analyst (Engineering)
VP of Core (Product) Foundation Engineering
Amsterdam, NL; Berlin, DE
Ready to go beyond?