About the team
The Transport Layer team owns routing and transporting commands to Board servers. It aims to connect and facilitate lightning fast collaboration between Miro board applications.
About the role
We’re looking for a Backend Engineer who will help us achieve ambitious goals. We expect you to have a strong software engineering experience, readiness to drive change and experiment in search of the best solution, understanding how to work with big loads, and be able to scale it. Be responsible for the important parts of the code and be willing to take on difficult challenges.
What you'll do
- Implement new features in collaboration with other teams
- Improve client-server communication of the real-time collaboration platform
- Work on performance and scalability
- Isolate network layer from the application layer
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of backend experience. Java ecosystem is preferable, but other languages aren't blockers
- 5+ years of experience building robust, high-scale, distributed systems in production environments
- Ability and openness to learn, fail, reflect and apply learnings moving forward
- Curiosity and strong collaboration skills
- Understanding of high-load architecture and SaaS infrastructure
- You are highly motivated to develop high-quality solutions quickly and without mentorship
What’s in it for you
- Competitive Equity Package
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided in the office
Our tech stack
- Java 11, Spring (+Spring Boot), Hazelcast, Redis, PostgreSQL, TestNG & Mockito
- TypeScript, Canvas API (PixiJS), React, React Native, Electron, Redux, Less, Webpack, AngularJS, CerebralJS
- Maven, Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket
- AWS (S3, EC2), Docker, Linux
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.