About the team
The Data Products team is part of the larger Data Engineering and Science team, and has one simple mission: to enable everyone at Miro to use data by making the right data assets available, with confidence, and to provide the tools to work with data products effectively. We are a multifunctional team passionate about building capabilities across the data engineering space: integration, quality management, tooling, discovery, and data modeling. Our objective is to build the data foundation for all of analytics to operate from.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the role
Data only becomes useful by the application of structure, and this person’s goal will be to help Miro build structure and usability in our data. This person will work closely with the rest of data products, along with our analytics team, to craft and implement a new dimensional data model which can serve as the basis of all of our data products and analysis/BI. This role allows you to wear many hats: architect, developer, discoverer, teacher. You will need to create an architecture that we can build on for years to come, and bring others along in your creation of this model.
What you’ll do
- Partner with all data consumers and collaborators to determine how to model business activities and entities into an analytical relational model
- Work with other members of our team to design and implement that new relational data model in dbt + Snowflake for analytics and data products to consume
- Define standards for our new data model and build training/collateral to bring all data professionals at Miro with you on your vision
- Cultivate standards and implement data quality management across our data model so that we can know with confidence that our data is right, every time we use it
- Mentor a multi-functional group of contributors in extending this core set of models
What you’ll need
- Significant experience working in a role focused on data modeling: data warehouse engineer, analytics engineer, data engineer, BI analyst, or equivalent
- Significant experience in designing and building data models based on a strong understanding of the standards from different methodologies: Kimball, Inmon, Data Vault, etc
- Proven technical expertise in dbt and at least one analytical database like Snowflake, Redshift, or Vertica
- Experience in training/mentoring of data practices to other data professionals
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skill
- Familiarity with data pipelines / ELT tooling like Fivetran or Stitch
- Experience working with BI tooling like Looker, Tableau, PowerBI
What's in it for you
- Competitive equity package
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.