About the team
The Sync Collaboration domain builds tools and experiences that make Miro better for working together in real time on the board. We think about sharing information, expressing emotion, capturing feedback, and working together to drive outcomes in Miro.
Our team focuses on making it easy for anyone to present the content they created collaboratively on Miro, in Miro. Presentations are an important strategic use case for Miro, contributing to weekly active users, product-led growth, and Miro’s North Star Metric. We are hiring a Full-Stack Engineer to join our team and develop new workflows to prepare and present Miro boards. You’ll think about how to help our users make their boards beautiful, organized, and professional, and you will give them the tools to present persuasively.
About the role
You will help to significantly shape Miro’s Core product and have a high impact on the daily lives of over 30M+ knowledge workers collaborating and driving team alignment with our features!
Collaboration inside the team is as significant as within the product, that’s why we pay attention to warm relationships, microclimate, and self-development.
Are you up to the task?
What you’ll do
- Help define and implement architecture for new modes of collaboration in Miro
- Influence the future of remote and hybrid meetings and presentations
- Build modular and reusable components, systems, and microservices
- Help with the hiring of outstanding talent like yourself
- Be a role model and mentor your fellow engineers
- Work closely with Design and Product, iterating on tight cycles
- Own your roadmap and collaborate with your peers to build the right thing at the right time
What you’ll need
- Experience working on sophisticated server and client applications in a professional context
- Backend development in major languages (Node.js and Java preferred) and experience with OAuth, REST API, and SQL/noSQL databases
- Experience working with Cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, …)
- Curiosity to work on features that impact both our users and other Miro teams
- Strong sense of ownership and data-driven approach to problem solving
Our tech stack
- Java 11, Spring (+Spring Boot), Hazelcast, Redis, PostgreSQL, TestNG & Mockito
- Maven, Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket
- AWS (S3, EC2), Docker, Linux
What’s in it for you
- Competitive Equity Package
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.