About the team
The CanvasLogic team is part of the Whiteboard Engine stream – the heart of Miro product which provides the foundation for all features built on top of Miro Whiteboard.
CanvasLogic will help us to implement next vision:
- Canvas server supports 1000 sumiltanious collaborator in one board
- Canvas server is decoupled as microservices from the current monolith application
- Canvas has standardized API for server-to-server communication
- We guarantee the integrity of user data on the server-side, does not matter what type of client modifies it
These points are crucial to be able scale the engineering team efficiently, make canvas backend observable and unlock new product use-cases.
Collaboration inside the team is as significant as in product, that’s why we pay attention to warm relationships, microclimate, and self-development.
About the role
We are looking for an Engineering Manager with strong technical skills who will help us build a solid foundation of Miro whiteboard on the backend side in collaboration with different teams. We expect you to be active in proposing and implementing improvements and innovative approaches. Also, you will actively contribute to the product as an engineer.
It's a unique opportunity to make a huge impact on how the future of online collaboration will look like by building its engine.
What you’ll do
- Building and leading the CanvasLogic team (people management, hiring, planning, tasks decomposition, team process improvements, and interfacing with other teams)
- Develop a team plan to achieve quarterly OKRs on time and with excellent outcomes, closely collaborate with a product manager and other teams
- Contribute to the product as a backend engineer, design solutions to complex problems, review code, etc.
- Be a role model, technically strong to help your team develop
What you’ll need
- 2+ years of experience leading an engineering team (2-5 engineers), including hiring, personal development, performance management, delivery management
- 6+ years of backend experience. Java ecosystem is preferable, but other languages aren't blockers
- 6+ years of experience building robust, high-scale, distributed systems in production environments
- Ability and openness to learn, fail, reflect and apply learnings moving forward
- Curiosity and strong collaboration skills
- Experience with microservices architecture
- Understanding of high-load architecture and SaaS infrastructure
- Upper-Intermediate level of English or higher
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.