About the team
The Data Stream has ambitious plans! Miro uses data to build features that delight our users and make better business decisions. We are responsible to craft, implement and maintain data-driven product features that turn Miro into a collaboration platform so effective it feels like another team member. Additionally, we deliver high quality data to Product Development, Marketing and Finance to help them make better decisions. We make Data a core component of the future of Miro and of all the ideas that teams across the world build with it.
To make this happen, we work with the latest Data and Machine Learning technologies to process terabytes of data daily and transform them into value for our customers and our organization. We are an international and interdisciplinary team, which values diversity in background and culture and are eager to learn something more every day from its multi-faceted members.
About the Role
You will use your knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure and DevOps principles to build Miro's new user facing data-driven features and increase the level of maturity for the existing ones to impress millions of users and have a real impact on business results. You will sustain Miro's plan of becoming even more data oriented and be responsible for Kubernetes clusters with GPU instances, Kafka-based data-intensive pipelines, productisation of Machine Learning models built by your Data Scientist teammates and Observability stacks to keep all of this ticking.
What you’ll do
- Contribute to the design, implementation and maintenance of the Data Stream Cloud Infrastructure
- Architect and build the new Kubernetes based Data Platform using GPU instances and GitOps techniques
- Collaborate with Data Engineers, Data Scientists and Product Managers to build innovative solutions for Data Processing
- Champion DevOps practices and encourage your colleagues to keep security and reliability in mind
What you’ll need
- Excellent knowledge of AWS services. We use a mix of EKS, EC2, Elasticache and more
- Automation, Infrastructure as Code and CI/CD proficiency. We use Terraform, Ansible, GitLab and Bamboo, but things are evolving rapidly in this space
- Curious about Kubernetes ecosystem. We will implement new clusters using Helm, Prometheus, GitOps and whatever makes sense
- Affinity with Data Processing and Warehousing platforms such as Airflow, EMR, Kafka, Spark, Databricks and Snowflake
What's in it for you
- Competitive equity package
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.