About the team
The platform’s goal is to extend the power of visual collaboration to everyone, everywhere.
To do so we are developing public APIs, SDKs, a Whiteboard-as-a-Service kit, and deep integrations into the leading online collaboration tools and platforms. Developers can integrate Miro into their own products, or build apps and integrations that extend the Miro whiteboard experience, and which can be distributed privately or published on the Miro Marketplace.
We already have over 200 apps built on our initial platform release, but this is just the beginning of our journey. Join us to create the platform on which the next big thing will be built!.
See how our community members share their experience using the platform - Building Miro Plugins is Literally Life Changing
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs, and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the role
As an Engineering Manager, you will build and lead a team responsible for the conversion piece of the app lifecycle funnel by leading the adoption, discovery, and management domain, and grow talent and culture while doing that. You’ll be accountable for the success of the applications built by external community. You will participate in the design of technical solutions, own team outcomes, and support the continued growth and effective scaling of Miro’s Platform team.
What you’ll do
- Building and leading a team that is responsible for the success of the applications and integrations built on our platform (people management, hiring, process development, collaborating with other teams, performance, working agreements)
- Technical management (backlog prioritization and ownership of team outputs, team-level OKRs, impact engineering standards)
- Stream alignment - contribute to stream initiatives and culture
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience and 3+ years of leading teams
- Experience managing other managers
- Backend development in major languages (Java / Kotlin preferred)
- Preferred experience building a marketplace
- Strong cross-team communication skills
- Planning and prioritization skills
- Experience with OAuth, REST API Marketplace
- Experience with K8S, AWS
What's in it for you
- Competitive equity package
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
TypeScript, Less, React Native, Webpack, Canvas API, AngularJS, CerebralJS
Maven, Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket
AWS (S3, EC2), Docker, K8S, Linux
Backend: Java 11, Kotlin, Spring (+Spring Boot), Hazelcast, Redis, PostgreSQL, TestNG & Mockito
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.