About the team
Our Real Estate & Workplace Services team is responsible for curating and sustaining our outstanding Miro work environments around the world, helping to bring our Purpose to life in the physical sense. We are responsible for the full life cycle of our physical workplaces, from ‘ideation to expiration’, and we are a key influencer of the Mironeers experience by way of our workspaces, services and amenities.
About the role
As Manager, Safety & Security, you will lead physical safety & security operations globally and help implement global programs which stretch across the operations ensuring alignment across the globe. By leading this team, this will afford you the opportunity to be an influential leader across Workplace Services.
A qualified candidate will be seasoned security and/or safety management professionals who are innovative and proven performers in a corporate environment, with a history of delivering security and safety services and solutions to large, preferably US based multinational companies. You are an effective communicator, making security and safety programs sound easy. You can (timely) address potential (upcoming) risks and focus on actual outcomes of the program, both verbally and in writing, so they are persuasive, placed in the appropriate context, and understood by the recipient.
You will be both execution focused, ensuring our day-to-day business runs the way it should, and strategy driven, helping to ensure we are impacting the long-term health of Miro; you will move between these elevations frequently.
What you’ll do
- Develop an evolved EHS program that ensures our security risk profile is managed to an acceptable level at an acceptable cost and presumed to result in fewer and less impactful security and safety incidents
- Working in close collaboration with our Trust & Reputation team, (co-)develop security policies and procedures, define security performance metrics, and develop awareness and communications plans to support Security programs
- Ensure that Miro’s security and safety program follows all applicable laws governing security and safety requirements in the locations where it operates and aligns with our Code of Conduct & Ethics Policy
- Develop program to monitor and manage the incident response center (IRC) operations, including staffing, to ensure 24/7/365 coverage at all Miro facilities. Programs from IRC to include monitoring and alarm response, intelligence analysis and management, travel tracker and support, crisis and emergency response coordination, and security operations performance
- Participate and influence physical security risk assessment methodologies that underpin the business; integrate plans with Information Security partners as appropriate and vital
- Provide leadership and influence to executive management, our key business functions including People Organization, Legal, Corporate Communications, Workplace Services and other relevant business units
- Design, develop and implement education/training crafted for the security & safety risks at Miro’s facilities
- Develop operating and capital budgets that support the security function
- Extensive collaboration with Miro’s security installer / integrators to lead all aspects of security design, technology implementation and security operationalization for all Miro facilities
- Understand the physical threat landscape/risk picture outstanding to Miro and implement plans, programs, and methodologies to minimize reputational and other risks that help keep employees safe and assets secure
What you’ll need
- 5 - 7 years’ experience in corporate security management, with demonstrated proficiency managing security technology management, security operations and program management
- Deep technical savvy: security networking; LPR; FLS systems; intrusion & panic alarm systems & response; CCTV/digital video systems design, use & maintenance; digital 2-way radio integration; Commend / Code Blue systems; and general GSOC technical management
- ASIS Certification as CPP, PSP, PSC or similar qualification is desired.Significant vendor management experience with emphasis on contract security force services in a distributed, multi-site, global environment
- Strong interpersonal skills - ability to work closely with people at all levels of the organization to facilitate the implementation of programs and corrective actions
- Able to influence partner organizations and senior management
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Work well under pressure and tight deadlines, to be able to prioritize tasks
- Ability to travel internationally
What's in it for you
- Competitive Equity Package
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Travel allowance for your commute
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly team activities (even virtually) to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global team
- Inspiring workplace in the heart of Amsterdam
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.