About the team
Canvas Engine team at Miro is responsible for evolving the critical part of our system - our whiteboard engine and responsible for our whiteboard rendering engine, widgets framework, collaboration mechanics of the frontend part of application. The team is focused on stability/scalability and performance metrics as well as improving developers experience for internal customers (engineers).
About the role
As the CanvasEngine engineering manager, you will be accountable for the entire CanvasEngine engineering, its technical strategy and keeping it in alignment with the overall company product and engineering roadmap. You will build and scale the engineering organization for supporting canvas experience, set up engineering processes and deliver high-quality outcomes with your organization in a timely manner.
What you’ll do
- Build and lead an engineering team, growing from 10 to 30+ engineers in 6-12 months
- Define & scale operational processes within the Canvas Experience organisation and contribute to the overall engineering practices of the company
- Build, communicate and execute technical strategy and canvas experience roadmap, making sure it is aligned with other teams and stakeholders
- Work on the engineering delivery process of the Canvas Experience ensuring engineering excellence (quality, speed and performance)
- Coach and manage TLs within their area of responsibility
- Grow core Miro’s engineering culture values and encourage professional growth
What you’ll need
- Broad engineering and people management experience (SaaS B2B/B2C2B companies are a plus)
- Experience building customer facing features and frontend applications using Angular or React in a high load environment
- Experience on building and leading an engineering function of 15 to 25+ people as well as managing managers
- Experience on managing distributed teams
- Strong prioritization and project management skills, understanding of business impact for various solutions
- Result focused, data-driven engineering strategy development skills
- Good understanding of product requirements and ability to align with technical strategy
- Strong execution skills in a cross-functional environment with multiple stakeholders
- Understanding trade-offs for different architectures, comfortable making decisions and argument them
- Proficiency in English, the main communication language at Miro
What’s in it for you
- This is a unique opportunity to grow and lead a large successful team in a fast-growing and accomplished international company
- Competitive Equity Package
- Travel allowance for commute
- Lunch, snacks & drinks provided
- Team outings and collaboration
- Flexible time off
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.