About the Role
We’re looking for a Frontend Engineer that will play with the team to achieve our high-reaching goals. We expect you to have a strong software engineering experience, readiness to inspire change, experiment in search of the best solutions, and to craft the core of Miro Whiteboard. Collaboratively you will be responsible for the crucial parts of the code and will be solving difficult challenges.
About the team
The Canvas Performance team’s mission is to solidify Miro’s position as industry performance standard for enterprise collaborative whiteboard solution. The team will serve as canvas performance ambassadors, sharing knowledge with other teams and building tools and processes that will empower all teams alongside implementing significant performance improvements.
Our Main Focus on Frontend Side
- Responsiveness of Canvas UI (FPS), like viewport navigation or new object creation
- Speed of content loading
- Memory consumption
- Supporting hundreds of simultaneous collaborators on one board
What our Team is Working on next:
- Identifying critical under-performant use cases, and implementing performance improvements, either directly or by empowering other teams.
- Building tools that will allow for safe-guarding existing performance, diagnosing new features, profiling performance, and debugging performance issues.
- Originating and aligning procedures for identifying canvas performance technical debt, and taking care of it, across the company.
- Improving and generating documentation related to performance, including best practices, etc.
What you’ll need
- 4+ years of in software development
- 3+ years of developing sophisticated, highly usable SPAs using modern Web frameworks
- Ability to collaborate well in a team environment.
- Sensitivity to clients’ needs.
- Experience in making performance optimization of web applications
- Owning a complex system (design technical solution, do design reviews, and mentor teammates)
- Experience in working with a distributed engineering organisation of 20+ engineers
- Deep understanding of software engineering and ability to drive technical decisions together with Product
- Strong prioritization skills and an execution-focused mindset can prioritize and manage conflicting requirements
Our Tech Stack
Frontend: TypeScript, Less, Webpack, AngularJS->React, CerebralJS->Redux, React Native, Canvas API
General: Maven, Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket
Infrastructure: AWS (S3, EC2), Docker, Linux
Backend: Java 11, Spring (+Spring Boot), Hazelcast, Redis, PostgreSQL, TestNG & Mockito
What’s in it for you
- Competitive Equity Package
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.