About the role
Holistic and sustained wellbeing of the employees has become a key measure and driver for an organization’s success, impacting employee engagement, brand reputation, and long-term performance.
- How do we ensure that engineers are happy and can create sustainable careers?
- How do we foster engaged and motivated engineering teams?
- How do we provide teams and individuals with the opportunity to do what they do best every day?
- How do we ensure holistic and sustained wellbeing of engineering organisation?
- How do we measure & iterate on processes as a company grows & evolves?
These are the questions we want you to help us answer. We are looking for a strong partner to join the engineering organization in driving initiatives aimed at increasing people's wellbeing and happiness through coaching and supporting engineering managers and leadership, while feeling aligned to a sense of purpose and overall company culture and goals.
Miro engineering organization is a diverse, evolving and fast growing unit. We are a team of 500+ plus engineers going through a journey of hypergrowth, structure and process establishment, change management and alignment.
Being on this journey, coupled with the focus on delivering customer value requires a lot of passion and energy. Miro is hiring the best engineering talent on the planet, and we want to create the best environment for engineers to grow, evolve and make their dreams come true.
Would you like to join us on this exciting journey?
About the team
Chief of Staff office is a team of professionals with diverse backgrounds, knowledge and expertise that supports engineering organization while growing on a scale.
We build essential structures and processes on every stage of an engineer 's journey from hiring and onboarding, employee engagement, team health and engineering productivity to team talent development in partnership with other functions such as People organization. We are the main partners of the CTO and engineering leadership team in driving transformation in the engineering organization.
What you’ll do
- Assess what we have, what we do not have and what needs to be done
- Run employees experience analysis and advice on areas that need improvement
- Work with and coach engineering managers to be successful people leaders
- Build a strategic long term map to help us move from where we are now to the point where we want to be and work together with engineering leadership team on bringing it to life
- Introduce tools, systems, processes and mechanism that will allow us to monitor progress and change in over 100 engineers teams
- Together with the engineering leadership team and business partners Drive workforce transformation. Focus areas include leadership and culture, employee engagement, employee satisfaction, performance management, change management, continuous learning, workforce analytics
What you’ll need
- Being an experienced people leader
- Being a mentor and a coach, driving engineering people managers and their teams for success
- Engineering background or proven experience knowing and understanding challenges of engineering organizations (knowing Engineering ways of working) in the fast growing and changing environment/during hypergrowth
- Program management experience (planning, prioritization, strong execution)
- Experience in building and driving initiatives aimed at improving employee satisfaction, wellbeing, happiness and performance
- Experience introducing performance management frameworks and tooling to support individual development and team growth inside engineering organization would be a big plus (ex.Space framework for engineers)
- Talent Development experience. Enabling individuals to thrive and to create sustainable careers contributing to the organization's success
- Deep analytical skills: ability to detect gaps in data and dive deep to understand the root cause of a problem
- Be passionate about helping today's workforce to thrive, increasing people's wellbeing and happiness
- Strong communication on all levels (engineers, managers, leadership)
- Growth mindset
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.