About the team
The Transport Layer team is part of the Board Server. It's a team that takes care about routing and channeling (real time) traffic to board servers and collaboration apps. Supports the Board Server teams with overall initiatives.
About the role
We’re looking for a Tech Lead and program manager who will help to manage and grow the team. We expect you to inspire and guide team members to grow individually and within the organization. We expect you to have a strong software engineering experience, being able to work with many other teams within Miro that depend on the Transport Layer team and expect regular status updates. You are ready to drive change and experiment in search of the best solution, understanding how to work with big loads, and being able to scale it.
What you'll need
- 7+ years of experience building robust, high-scale, distributed systems in production environments
- 5+ years of backend experience. JVM ecosystem is preferable, however other backend technologies are also great
- Ability and openness to learn, fail, reflect and apply learnings moving forward
- Understanding of distributed and high-load service architecture
- You are highly motivated to develop high-quality solutions quickly and without mentorship
What you'll do
- You will be accountable for maintaining trustful relationship with your team, leading them with trust and will adhere to high standards as an example
- You will update other team, manage the backlog and roadmap and implement changes
- You will plan all stages of sub-projects and identifying when, how and who is going to complete each of these in collaboration with your supervisors and the team
- You will grow team members
- You will risk assess all stages of sub-projects and propose mitigation strategies
- You will constantly improve standards for sub project and monitoring the work done to ensure these standards are met
- You will keep sub projects on schedule and managing the time and resources that are spent on it
- You have effective communication skills in English, with an ability to understand and translate business and user requirements across teams
- You seek feedback, think creatively with a focus users and customers, embrace change, and have a drive for continuous innovation
- You will own, align and executed the teams roadmap
- You will be responsible for transformative changes to our architecture
- You will focus on performant, scalable, and reliable systems
- You will Identify components and design mature API interfaces and align those with stakeholders
- You will provide technical guidance to the team
- You will participate in new features implementation in collaboration with other teams
Our tech stack
- Java 17, kotlin, Spring (+Spring Boot), Hazelcast, Redis, PostgreSQL, TestNG & Mockito
- Maven, Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket
- AWS (S3, EC2), Linux
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.