About the Role
Engineering Manager in QA Automation team will act as a Service manager, you will have great chance to solve very interesting and challenging problems together not only with your team, but also with hundreds of engineers, You will balance the pros and cons among hundreds of participants to align and pick up the more fit-able direction with your team, and forecast the future changes and risks.
You act as 2nd line manager, but sometimes you will hand on directly about architecture and project strategy and coding, you will lead a 10 people team with 3 different focuses: Performance, Test framework and CI, and TestOps.
You are a motivated people manager, you can motivate your team players work as a team and move forward continuously, you can handle technical debts easily inside or cross teams, you will help team to define clearly the priorities and encourage all kinds of innovation inside or cross teams
Together with the team and peers from other teams, you will lead and align test strategy and tool strategy clearly and efficiently inside and outside of the QA Automation team.
About the Team
QA Automation team is a tool team, service team, and young team. We provide test frameworks in all kinds of testing including E2E Testing in API and UI level, Component UI testing, Integration testing, Contract testing, Performance testing for UI and API etc. We are trying our best to provide testing services for the rest of more than 400 engineers. Our team doesn’t work closely with each business, but we build efficient communication with the rest of the feature team embedded QA Automation engineer and SDET.
We are keen on our delivery for our internal customers, we try to help people as early as possible with our different tools, processes and documentation to our internal customers. Our team builds frequent feedback loops with engineers to hear their voice and improve our system in an Agile way.
We are always follow up the QA Automation trend in the market, we are using following technical:
- We build our customized runner with Jest on top of Playwright for UI testing to support E2E UI test and Component UI test
- We build our own Pipeline system on top of Jenkins to support to run 1500 UI test in 12 minutes
- We build our customized Pact.IO plugin for TestNG to support gRPC contract testing
- We build our own API test wrapper to simplify API/Integration testing
- We build our own platform to run K6 and other performance tests
- We build our own Monitoring system together with Allure to monitor Unit test coverage, identify flaky tests, and mute/unmuting processes.
What you’ll do
The main teamwork tasks are:
- You will participate in problem-solving and solution design for all initiatives and experiments, together with the team.
- You will design and maintain new test frameworks (UI, API, Integration, Contract) from scratch.
- You will collect requirements from our engineering streams, and help them to initial auto test frameworks, and guide them to carry on writing tests.
- Guide, maintain, and monitor different test projects, help teams to identify the root cause of flaky tests if they have.
- Setup and improve our continuous testing process together with teammates.
What you’ll need
- 5+ years’ autotests/SDET experience.
- Extensive experience in Java or Node.js for API testing and Contract testing
- Extensive experience in UI test framework such as Playwright, Puppeteer and Webdriver.IO
- Experience in CI/CD tools, such as Jenkins pipeline or GitHub actions.
- Strong communication skills in leading the technical topic and making knowledge sharing with teams.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of AWS and work with Terraform.
- Customer-oriented mindset
What’s in it for you
- Competitive equity package
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Travel allowance for your commute
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly team activities (even virtually) to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a globally diverse team
- Inspiring workplace in the heart of Amsterdam
Our tech stack
Product: TS, JS, Python, React/Redux, Java, Spring
Infrastructure tool: Terraform, Ansible, K8S Docker, and component in AWS
QA Automation: Java(TestNG and Selenium), TS(Webdriver.io/Cypress/Playwright)
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.