About the role
Miro is on a hyper-growth trajectory, scaling very fast and attracting world-class talent to support the business growth and stay ahead of the game. The engineering organization here is a unique group of people who are on a mission to create the best innovation platform out there.
The Core Technology team has one goal: provide a foundation for microservices architecture, core services, and tooling to enable the engineering group to deliver value to customers frequently and efficiently.
About the team
Your role will be to define the strategy and build a strong team that will work on providing microservice architecture and core services like API gateway, Service Mesh, Service Discovery, Authentication to empower the product development group to create their new services just in minutes.
What you’ll do
- Develop and drive microservices strategy at Miro in partnership with the team and partners from different engineering streams
- Continuously communicate the vision and strategy to the entire engineering team, handle feedback and find optimal ways to deliver new and improved experiences
- Build and lead the team, actively hire and grow new talent
What you’ll need
- 12+ years in software engineering, past experience as an engineer
- 7+ years engineering and people management experience, including hiring, personal development, performance management, delivery management
- 5+ years experience in developing high-load and high-availability services in SaaS / Ecommerce or similar
- Strong experience in microservice architecture: Service Mesh (Istio or similar), Service Discovery, API Gateway
- Deep knowledge and experience with AWS Cloud architecture
- Strong prioritization and project management skills, understanding of business impact for various solutions
- Strong execution skills in a cross-functional environment with multiple stakeholders
What’s in it for you
- Competitive equity package
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Travel allowance for your commute
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided in the office
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly team activities (even virtually) to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a globally diverse team
- Inspiring workplace in the heart of Amsterdam
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.