About the team
The Core Product stream is the largest and most complex in terms of quality. Within Core Product, we have the Canvas stream which is focused on the performance of the board, all the widgets (like stickers and shapes), and modern interactive frameworks (like Mindmap, USM, Kanban, and Grids). You will have the opportunity to produce high-load scalable solutions, build and contribute to internal and external frameworks, and organize development life-cycles according to the best agile practices.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced candidate to come in as a QA Senior Engineering Manager to build a team for this stream and help it grow in size, as well as increasing the impactful results and the business value. You will be constantly monitoring the quality health of the whole stream: investigating/preventing issues and helping with solving them.
Working with the Head of Core Product Engineering, you will create a strategy of quality improvement for the continuous growth of dedicated guild members.
The QA Senior Engineering Manager will be responsible for quality assurance of the whole stream. Stream combines several teams that work on tasks of a certain part of the product. In this case, it is a canvas stream and for Business Logic.
QA is a horizontal team that combines all dedicated QA engineers who work with feature teams. We name this team the QA guild. A guild is a source of testing practice:
- How to build an effective development process that creates a high-quality product
- Which methods are used for testing and test coverage? There is expertise in automation, load, and performance, exploratory, and other methods of testing
What you’ll do
- Iterate on strategies and plans based on changing priorities or business needs. Create a quality vision and strategy for the whole stream
- Detects process issues that affect the quality and solve these
- Act as an expert and mentor for the team lead to manage the development process: establishing best practices, improving processes, sorting out issues during the process
- Detect the root causes of bugs in the code and initiate projects to solve this
- Create a roadmap with deliverables and milestones
- Be responsible for the whole stream quality
- Structure and organize development teams, define the hiring plan
- Guide and mentor team members for their professional and career growth
What you’ll need
- 2nd line management experience to building a multi-level QA structure (around 20 members)
- Experience in building the QA process in agile conditions
- Ability to develop quality metrics
- Strong expertise and skills in decomposing product requirements and designing a test scenario, experience in analyzing different types of technical testing, and choosing actionable items
- Ability to deal with complicated technical issues as a manager (to understand the root cause and involve needed architects)
- Testing experience more than 4 years
Nice to have
- Familiar with Objectives and Key Results (OKR) framework
- Test architect experience
What’s in it for you
- Competitive equity package
- Weekly team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided
Our tech stack
- Frontend: TypeScript, Less, React Native, Webpack, Canvas API, AngularJS, CerebralJS
- Maven, Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket
- AWS (S3, EC2), Docker, Linux
- Backend: Java, Spring (+Spring Boot), Hazelcast, Redis, PostgreSQL, TestNG & Mockito
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.