About the team
The team will participate in the project of migrating Business Logic components from the monolith to the separate services. Also, the team will help with introducing new Business Logic Architecture that presents new entities, discarding old legacy, and building new Architecture in close collaboration with other teams. The team's main responsibility will be related to the connection of the User entity with the Group entity and connections between User/User Groups with other Business Logic entities. All connections are responsible for giving the appropriate access to different objects. All requests for the services should be executed in accordance with the performance requirements.
There is an excellent opportunity to build a new architecture of Miro-product that is migrated to the new microservice architecture, ready for incredible scale, and, at the same time, works in different regions over the world!
About the role
We are looking for an Engineering Manager who will help us design new steps of product architecture in collaboration with different teams and implement that inside our product. We expect you to be active in proposing and implementing improvements and new approaches. Also, we expect you to set up a new incredible high-level engineering team of 4-5 engineers.
What you’ll do
- Building and leading the Business Logic Groups team (people management, hiring, process development, and interfacing with other teams)
- Guide and mentor team members for their professional and career growth
- Develop a team plan to achieve quarterly OKRs on time and with excellent outcomes, closely collaborate with a product manager, designer, and other teams
- Be a role model, technically strong to help your team develop and be able to be hands-on when needed
- Contribute to the product as a backend engineer, designing new architecture to ensure high performance and seamless user experience for board users….. In real time!
- Continues to contribute bug fixes and minor features without becoming a bottleneck for the team
Our tech stack
- Java 11, Spring (+Spring Boot), Hazelcast, Redis, PostgreSQL, TestNG & Mockito
- TypeScript, React, React Native, Webpack, Canvas API, AngularJS, CerebralJS
- Maven, Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket
- AWS (S3, EC2), Docker, Linux
What you’ll need
- 7+ years of backend experience in Java (preferred) or other object-oriented programming languages
- 5+ years experience of system designing, coding, testing, and debugging commercial software
- Experience with Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) such as PostgreSQL, MySQL etc.
- 3+ years of experience managing an engineering team, including hiring, personal development, performance management, delivery management
What’s in it for you
- This is a unique opportunity to grow and lead a large successful team in a fast-growing and accomplished international company
- Stock option program
- Travel allowance for commute
- Lunch, snacks & drinks provided
- Team outings and collaboration
- Flexible time off
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.