About the team
The Analytics Engineering team sits at the intersection of business teams, analytics and data engineering and are responsible for bringing robust, efficient, and integrated data models and products to life and serves as a center of excellence. Analytics Engineers speak the language of business teams and technical teams, able to translate data insights and analysis needs into models powered by the Miro Data Platforms.
About the role
You will join the recently created Analytics Engineering team in the early stages of our revamped data stack. We are currently rolling out our new data warehouse, Snowflake, and finishing migrating all ongoing work to our Snowflake+dbt+Looker stack. We are starting to structure our processes with the analytics teams, so you will also help us define how we will operate as a team.
You will work closely with Business, Growth, and Product Analytics teams to develop their core models and help analysts develop models in the respective marts.You will help us improve our analysts and business users workflow in order to increase their time in flow state while working with data.
What you’ll do
- Optimize for long term value by focusing on engineering as opposed to spending time on recurrent ad hoc jobs
- Guide our next iteration of our user events model and events management platform
- Help build and be accountable for the analytics layer of our team’s data environment, making data standardized and easily accessible
- Help drive optimization, documentation, testing and tooling to improve data quality and give more autonomy to data analysts, scientists and business users
- Collaborate with, and mentor, data analysts and scientists in building efficient data pipelines and data models
- Collaborate with data engineers to provide reliable data pipelines and DWH serving layer
What you’ll need
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth company
- 4+ years of experience working in a data engineering, BI, or technical data analytics role
- Experience with SQL and Python/Java
- Solid understanding of current data warehousing, orchestration, pipeline and visualization solutions
- Experience working with dbt, Looker and Snowflake
- Strong opinions about the ideal toolset to enable a high-functioning Analytics team.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly when explaining technical or complex matters to less technical co-workers
What's in it for you
- Competitive equity package
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Travel allowance for your commute
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly team activities (even virtually) to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global team
- Inspiring workplace in the heart of Amsterdam
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.