About the team
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) for the QA Automation Team. A complete description of our QA process here. Our team supports the test environments, continues testing, test labs, and test frameworks for all engineering streams. Our team main responsible for :
- Test environments for manual testing and automation testing
- Test frameworks in E2E level (Browser, Mobile App, Desktop App), Integration level in different technical stack.
- Quality metrics and reporting system
Our QA Automation is part of QA, our team works independently to provide all quality-related toolings and processes, and to empower not only the QA team to carry on daily testing, but also empower developers to write tests autonomical and execute tests automatically.
About the role
Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is an expert not only in test automation but also in development. SDET will be designing and defining the guidelines of all levels of testing, and guide teammates to write non-flaky tests easily, and help the team to fix flaky tests in different test frameworks. SDET has a knowledge base about all types of technical tests such as contact testing, load testing, security testing, etc. SDET will be defining the vision and strategy for test frameworks and continuing testing planning. Also, they will develop REST API services, dashboards, and help developers to locate the problem from the code.
What you’ll do
The main teamwork tasks are:
- You will participate in problem-solving and solution design for all initiatives and experiments, together with the team.
- You will design and maintain new test frameworks (UI, API, Integration, Contract) from scratch.
- You will collect requirements from our engineering streams, and help them to initial auto test frameworks, and guide them to carry on writing tests.
- Guide, maintain, and monitor different test projects, help teams to identify the root cause of flaky tests if they have.
- Setup and improve our continuous testing process together with teammates.
What you’ll need
- 5+ years’ autotests/SDET experience.
- Extensive experience in Java or Node.js for API testing and Contract testing
- Extensive experience in UI test framework such as Playwright, Puppeteer and Webdriver.IO
- Experience in CI/CD tools, such as Jenkins pipeline or GitHub actions.
- Strong communication skills in leading the technical topic and making knowledge sharing with teams.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of AWS and work with Terraform.
- Customer-driven mindset
What’s in it for you
- Competitive equity package
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Travel allowance for your commute
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly team activities (even virtually) to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global team
- Inspiring workplace in the heart of Amsterdam
Our tech stack
Product: TS, JS, Python, React/Redux, Java, Spring
Infrastructure tool: Terraform, Ansible, K8S Docker, and component in AWS
QA Automation: Java(TestNG and Selenium), TS(Webdriver.io/Cypress/Playwright)
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.