About the team
We strive to be a world-class finance team with a great culture and have the same high standards with our work, systems, practices, and people. You will work very closely with our Sales team, Accounting team, Legal, People Operations and the Executive team.
About the role
Miro is looking for a passionate Tax Manager to join our rapidly growing team. We are looking for someone who can thrive on deadlines, apply tax experience to a wide variety of transactions and make significant contributions towards Miro’s strategic objectives. This role will involve tax compliance as well as tax research, analysis, and documentation. You will apply a variety of skills to solve problems relating to income and indirect tax planning, income and indirect tax compliance, and income tax accounting.
What you’ll do
- Coordinate the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual indirect tax returns for Miro’s US and international operations
- Manage the ongoing analysis of international tax compliance, including research and documentation of tax nexus and permanent establishment
- Coordinate with advisors on the preparation of various international income tax returns
- Support the implementation of Miro’s global tax strategy
- Participate in preparing and maintaining the quarterly and annual income tax provision
- Assist in implementing and maintaining transfer pricing policies
- Perform technical tax research and analysis for special projects and initiatives
What you’ll need
- 5+ years at Big 4 or a combination of Big 4 and industry experience, ideally as an in-house tax manager for a SaaS organization or as a consultant to clients in the SaaS/technology industry
- Experience with indirect tax analysis/compliance, including managing tax compliance calendars for multiple clients/legal entities and researching tax laws in various jurisdictions
- Strong analytical skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to successfully interact and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to analyze and document complex tax issues
What's in it for you
- Competitive equity package
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Travel allowance for your commute
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly team activities (even virtually) to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a globally diverse team
- Inspiring workplace in the heart of Amsterdam
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.