About the team
This role’s location will be based in the US (preferably in Austin, Texas) but will be part of the Miro Japan Industry sales team.
Japan is one of four global sales regions of Miro and was founded in May 2021. You will have the opportunity to be one of the key start-up members of this exciting and important phase.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and driven sales professional to join our team.
As a rapidly growing business, there are tremendous opportunities for growth and career development.
About the role
As a Global Sales Executive you will be responsible for acquiring and expanding business opportunities of Japanese group companies and subsidiaries based outside of Japan. This role will work closely with an Account manager who will be based in Japan.
This role will be a great opportunity for an ambitious and organised professional who has a proven track record in driving expansion in existing client businesses, as well as acquiring new logos.
Our goal is to challenge and transform how businesses work through our miro platform.
What you’ll do
- You will be responsible for companies located in the US, Europe, and APAC whose parent companies are based in Japan.
- You will be responsible to acquire new customers and trusted partners for Miro
- You will be skilled in finding and understanding challenges that customers face in their remote/hybrid work styles, and drive the best solution through Miro.
- You will closely work with the Japan Sales team to plan and build the expansion plans
- Be a trusted partner to assigned accounts and build account plans to help define appropriate acquisition and expansion strategies.
- Work with cross-functional teams in Customer Success, Product, Solutions Engineers, Marketing, and more
- You will master the art of discovery, and inspire new use cases where Miro can solve our customer’s challenges.
- Ensuring we have accurate data in our CRM to drive the strategy for our continued growth
- Achieve monthly/quarterly quotas and provide accurate forecasts
What you'll need
- 5+ years of closing experience with Tech/SaaS companies and large enterprises.
- Proven track record of building relationships with key influencers within businesses
- Strong prospecting, territory planning, and team-selling experience
- Proven track record of exceeding sales quotas
- Experience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Proficiency in Salesforce.com and opportunity qualification methodology like MEDDPIC
- Have a great attitude that can maneuver through ambiguity and ability to work and collaborate with a growing team
- High fluency in English (Reading/writing/speaking)
- Daily conversational fluency in Japanese (primarily for internal conversations, reading/writing)
- Experience in closing $1M+ deals is a plus.
What’s in it for you
- You will be the one of starting members of Miro Japan
- You will have a wonderful opportunity to work at a fast-growing global company and make a difference
- You will work with the best and brightest colleagues in the leading high-tech SaaS company
- You will work in a collaborative workspace with passionate, driven colleagues
- You will learn best in class sales skills that will take your career to another level
- You will be part of a culture of learning & development for professional growth
- Competitive Equity Package
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly team activities (even virtually) to keep the spirits high
- Distributed team across offices globally in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Austin, Amsterdam, and Perm
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.