About the team
Core Product is the essence of Miro. It’s the most used and important part of the product for a user, and a critical ingredient for the success of our business. Within Core Product, the mission for the Canvas Accessibility team is to make the Miro whiteboard accessible to everyone. To accomplish this, we collaborate closely with people with disabilities throughout the product development lifecycle and look to innovate by exploring ways to interact with and communicate complex spatial information through various modalities such as audio.
About the role
As the Canvas Accessibility engineering manager, you will be accountable for the accessibility roadmap and the functioning of the team, its technical strategy and keeping it in alignment with the overall company product and engineering roadmap. You will build and scale your team, set up engineering processes and deliver high-quality outcomes with your organization in a timely manner.
What you'll need
- Understanding of accessibility and web standards, WCAG, ARIA
- Experience using at least one of the following assistive technologies: JAWS, NVDA and/or VoiceOver is a plus
- Experience leading teams involved in complex problem solving
- Experience in leading a team of 3-6 people
- Building the continuous process of rapid prototyping in code between product-design-engineering
- Result focused and data-driven approach to project management and prioritization as well as understanding product needs and requirements and be able to align with technical strategy
- Strong analytical skills, good understanding of cross-device architecture and business impact for different solutions
- Fluent English communication skills
What you'll achieve
- Grow and lead a remote engineering team at Miro that builds accessibility solutions into our UI core components and toolsets
- Recruit for and grow the Accessibility team within the broader engineering organization
- Develop, communicate and execute technical strategy and roadmap for an accessible experience for all users
- Build and scale operational processes in the within your team and contribute to the overall engineering practices
- Develop, coach and mentor contributors in your team
- Collaborate cross-functionally and cross-team to implement cross-cutting improvements across the product to ingrain accessibility into our product and product development process
- Help the team balance between long term transformational investments and addressing acute pains
- TypeScript, Canvas API (PixiJS), React, React Native, Electron, Redux, Less, Webpack, AngularJS, CerebralJS
- Java 11, Spring (+Spring Boot), Hazelcast, Redis, PostgreSQL, TestNG & Mockito
- Maven, Git, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket
- AWS (S3, EC2), Docker, Linux
What's in it for you
- This is a unique opportunity to grow and lead a large successful team in a fast-growing and accomplished international company
- Competitive Equity Package
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Travel allowance for commute
- Lunch, snacks & drinks provided
- Team outings and collaboration
- Flexible time off
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.