About the team
Miro’s timeless mission is to empower teams to create the next big things. There are millions of creators, builders, and innovators motivated by making an impact to the world, and we aim to achieve our mission both by providing best solutions for collaboration and innovation and by enabling peer to peer, company to company connection through building a powerful community where Miro users come together to solve the world’s biggest problems.
The Growth stream is all about activating value for end users for example Consultants team is focused on the needs of professional consultants, tailoring for their specific needs and Community Platform team build cross-product features and shared components for our community platforms (e.g. Miroverse or Marketplace). The teams build solutions by running a large volume of experiments, building user engagement with the product.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs and we look for talent that want to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days a week in office culture as our baseline.
About the Role
As Backend Engineer in our growth team your work will have direct business impact and it will influence other Miro development teams as well - so this role is suitable for you if you want to combine direct impact on the user experience and infrastructure work.
What you’ll do
- Help create prototypes in order to test hypotheses for features that would create growth.
- Be in charge of maintaining the needed backend infrastructure and APIs for our projects.
- Collaborate with other backend engineers in order to integrate our solutions for different parts of our products.
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of backend development experience (Java/Scala/Kotlin). We use Java 11 and Spring (+Spring Boot).
- Experience working with and designing APIs
- Good communication skills.
Our tech stack
- Java 11, Spring (Spring Boot), Hazelcast, Redis, PostgreSQL, Microservice/SOA Architecture
- Maven, Git, JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Linux
What's in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from running brainstorming sessions and workshops to planning projects, from designing new products and services to facilitating agile ceremonies. Miro is trusted by Dell, Cisco, Deloitte, Okta, Shopify, and many more global companies of all sizes.
We are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.